pubs near the roundhouse

Camden is fulla good pubs - currently the one attracting most attention is the Hawley Arms which is about 1 minute away from the roundhouse and has Amy Winehouse and various other "show biz" types as regulars. it also has an up stairs rooftop smokers yard thing.

? about Roundhouse pubs & activities for bored husband

My beloved husband has shocked the hell out of me by deciding to come with me to London, however he's going to be on his own while I'm seeing Moz. I saw on the Roundhouse website that there are a few pubs and restaurants at the venue, and I was wondering if anyone knew if they were separate or if you have to have a ticket to the night's show in order to get into the pubs? Or if not actually at the venue, I was hoping he could maybe find some cool place to play pool or darts or something for a few hours in the area.... (or not in the area?)

Please help me keep my husband out of trouble while I'm enjoying the other man. ;)

Re: ? about Roundhouse pubs & activities for bored husband

My beloved husband has shocked the hell out of me by deciding to come with me to London, however he's going to be on his own while I'm seeing Moz. I saw on the Roundhouse website that there are a few pubs and restaurants at the venue, and I was wondering if anyone knew if they were separate or if you have to have a ticket to the night's show in order to get into the pubs? Or if not actually at the venue, I was hoping he could maybe find some cool place to play pool or darts or something for a few hours in the area.... (or not in the area?)

Please help me keep my husband out of trouble while I'm enjoying the other man. ;)

From Roundhouse:London directory thread you'll find some useful links of activities in London. :)

Good Pubs near the roundhouse

Hi All First time poster here.. I'm going to the final camden gig on the sunday

Can anyone reccomend any good pubs near the roundhouse to...

1 Watch Tottenham vs Man Utd at 2pm
2 drink in before doors open in the evening (preferebly one which'll be playn mozza to get us in the mood!)

Thanks

Camden is awash with pubs. As has been said there are many up Parkway, which is just over the road from Camden Town tube, including the Dublin Castle, which is famed for its live music.

Dont go in the Worlds End (opposite the tube) its a rancid place with even worse beer, jsut avoid it.

Walking up Chalk Farm Road (right exit from Camden Town tube) from the tube to the Roundhouse, the first pub of worth is off to the left up Inverness Street, called the Good Mixer. Its a proper spit and sawdust bar, couple of pool tables, sky sports, not very good draught but good atmosphere and cracking Jukebox. You could call it a punk bar, but I dont like to label, and thats something thats hard to do in Camden anyway.

Next up back on the main road is the Elephants Head. Again the draught in here leaves a lot to be desired (honest, Im not THAT much of a beer snob) but I do like the atmosphere. Teddyboys, rockers, mods, punks, goths and indie kids all happy together, and a great rockabilly disco on a Saturday.

Carrying on up the road and just after the bridge, on the right hand side is Hawley Road, and 30 seconds walking down there will find you the Hawley Arms. What once was a scruffy biker bar is now a great pub. Dont believe what you read in the tabloids, it really isnt that much of a celebraty hangout, though some of the staff may sometimes think it is (most are down to earth). The foods decent, the beer grand, and a cracking jukebox. Its got a little back yard (and I meen little) and a decent roof terrace with a couple of heater lamps.

If you carry on down Hawley Road (about another 2 mins) youll come to Quinns. Although your walking perpendicualr to the Roundhouse at this point its worth it if you like your beer. You can also get here straight from the tube, turning out the left exit and heading up Kentish Town Road. Its an old family run Irish pub (though not Irish theme) with a fantastic range of ales and lagers on tap, and many many more belgian and german beers in bottles. Also does good food and has all the sport. Music is not one reason to go there, though its quiet.

Back up on Chalk Farm Road and youll come to the Loc Tavern (getting close to the Roundhouse now). A great boozer, with decent music, and beer and food. Its got a large backyard (covered to an extent) and an upstairs that also has a roof terrace. It can get very busy in here, at the weekends, and theres normally live music on a Sunday.

After the Loc theres a restaurant called Cottons, that does Caribean food, but also has a small front bar that does blinding Rum cocktails. Go easy on them though, as they are very strong!

The last pub before the Roundhouse is Bartok, a smart boozer that I rarely go in, but has a nice decor.

Thats just my list, there are many many more boozers in the area, but I'd (and often do) happily drink in all of these above.

Cheers.

Oh and the Roundhouse obviously has a bar, but you wont be in there till doors open. It also has a smoking area next to it so dont worry smokers.

If your a Madnes fan, then you probably owe it a visit. A couple of great signed posters in there.

Also totaly forgot to mention the barfly, not far from the Roundhouse, lots of live bands in there!

Lots of good advice here. The closest pub to the venue is the Barfly but the Fiddlers Elbow is good and just off the main road so it's a little quieter.

i will be drinking the afternoon away in The World's End, which was my second home during my uni days in giddy scumdun. i am 'CITED to be going back and hope not a thing has changed! it's dead opposite camden tube.

Is The Elephants Head as bad as people say. I quite fancy a bit of a Rockabilly night pre gig on Saturday. But if the beer is as bad as I've heard, I'll be on the Elka Seltzer on Sunday!!

The Elephants Head is definately worth a visit; beer's okay, great atmosphere at the weekend, esp. Saturdays when the rockabilly night is on.

Good Mixer and Dublin Castle also nice places.

There's a pub near the venue that used to be a Withaspoons, saw last night that it's called the Monarch; not been in but used to be okay.

You'll be disappointed by the Worlds End - poor music, hard to get served, etc, etc.

Thanks for all the recommendations!!

How many pubs per head are there in London? :eek: :D Another good reason for loving that city :horny:

Back
Top Bottom