'Ambitious Outsiders' 2nd gig - 16th December, Chester

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Following on from the hugely successful 1st gig at TV21 a few weeks ago, the Morrissey tribute band 'Ambitious Outsiders' have released details of their 2nd gig.

Sunday 16th December 2007
ALEXANDER’S
Rufus Court
Chester,
Cheshire
Cost:£6.00
Alexander’s - Tel: 01244 340005

Ticket details will be given out soon (ie where you can buy them from) and if there is enough demand transport to / from Manchester may be arranged.

For further information - www.myspace.com/morrisseytributeband

Jukebox Jury

Excellent. Count me in if a coach from Manchester is organised Mr. Phil.

Coach?:eek:
I was thinking of a motorbike and side car!:D
Most likely be a minibus as long as that's what the public want:)

Jukebox Jury

Phil you are the official Morrissey-solo transport organiser

Yes, I've set up a company callled
'Driving Your Girlfriend Home.co.uk';)

I'm putting an advert out for another driver to help me in France.
'Wanted, one Boy Racer, must have at least nine points on your licence':D

Jukebox Jury

I think there is a good case to be made for Boz to replace Morrissey with the lead singer of "Ambitious Outsiders!

He admitted that he made the remarks. All you have to do is search the forums. Here's one for example, that I quoted and which he later deleted to cover it up, as he is now apparently attempting to deny making the posts in the first place.

" Originally Posted by This is Paul
Thanks for dredging that old crap up again, but in the interests of accuracy, I should point out that the "endless racism" you accuse me of actually amounted to using David Tseng's ethnicity to embarrass and humiliate him, in the same way he allowed others to use my sexuality against me, and nothing more. "

Why would David Tseng be embarrassed and humiliated by his ethnicity? You can dress it up however you like but those are the words of a racist.

If you doubt he was the one that posted that, you don't have to believe me. Ask the mods.

He posted photoshopped pictures of David Tseng and used racial slurs for months. Yes, he was harassed here. But he did more than his fair share of harassing others, including repeatedly taunting one user about her brother's suicide. His excuse for that? Because he thought she was making it up.

He's the lowest form of Internet scum. I think that entertainment options must be very limited if anyone would go see his pathetic mockery of a Morrissey performance. If he wants the benefits of advertising here, he should be aware that some of us remember what kind of person he is.

This goes back a ways. As site admin I can do simple IP address checks and Paul is a known abuser on both the forums (mostly the pre-vbulletin forums) and main page. As Dave noted, many of the posts / images posted were racist and Paul has admitted to it..

He does have a troll / imitator recently, but usually it is easy to tell who is who. Paul continues to post anonymously on the main page attacking myself, the moderators, and the site itself, but he will likely deny this. He often responds to his own comments in attempt to show that he has support.

Jukebox Jury, I don't know what specific evidence you are looking for, but you can believe who you want.

I didn't say I believed anyone, I merely said before I can make a judgement I would need to see evidence, as a 'mere' user of the sight I do not have access to who really said what and who didn't say what and when they did or didn't say it.

The whole point of this thread is to advertise an event, nothing more, nothing less.
Dave, if you have issues over Paul, fine I have no problem with that, what I do have a problem is when postings are undermined. You seem to have all the links to his alleged past postings - the sign of a troll yourself?
Have you seen the band? If not, how can you ridicule them? (maybe based on the tracks posted on his site? If that is correct, why are you listening to them if you despise him so much?), if so, please judge them on what they are - a live tribute band.
I know posting this will probably end up having another round of replies added to it, maybe I should not post this?
But I shall post it and just hope that future posts to the thread will be about the event and not about the person.

Jukebox Jury

All I can say is this: David, thank you for posting.

Jukebox Jury, davidt is right.

I endured horrific trolling by Paul a few years ago.

He has posted many people's personal information in an attempt to humiliate, frighten, and abuse.

Many people have met Paul in person, and he cowers before them when confronted about his trolling, but does not deny. He cannot.

Ask Uncleskinny -- who is one of THE most respected people on this forum -- about Paul. He has been trolled by Paul, repeatedly. He has also seen all the others who have been hurt by this person.

Paul/freeyourself is not a good person.

True, he may have an 'impersonator' now, but he did not in 2005, when he caused so much pain, so much suffering, for so many people, myself included.

Everyone: Please do not support his group; he's caused needless suffering for so many goodhearted, kind moz-lovers on this forum.

I'm sorry, I could not stay silent on this issue any longer.

All I can say is this: David, thank you for posting.

Jukebox Jury, davidt is right.

I endured horrific trolling by Paul a few years ago.

He has posted many people's personal information in an attempt to humiliate, frighten, and abuse.

Many people have met Paul in person, and he cowers before them when confronted about his trolling, but does not deny. He cannot.

Ask Uncleskinny -- who is one of THE most respected people on this forum -- about Paul. He has been trolled by Paul, repeatedly. He has also seen all the others who have been hurt by this person.

Paul/freeyourself is not a good person.

True, he may have an 'impersonator' now, but he did not in 2005, when he caused so much pain, so much suffering, for so many people, myself included.

Everyone: Please do not support his group; he's caused needless suffering for so many goodhearted, kind moz-lovers on this forum.

I'm sorry, I could not stay silent on this issue any longer.

what actually is trolling ... i have a good idea but would like some kind of proper outline

"Trolling -

Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.
Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence."
Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence."

Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards. When done in a moderated internet community, this can result in banning. When done to uptight people such as fundies, this can result in hilarity.

To use the internet to start problems, insult, or hurt others. An action that only usually affects the person trolling.
Usually a very bored, lonely person with no friends. Or a punk ass kid.
"My AOL account was shut down because I was trolling in a chatroom."

Act of appearing on internet forums and boards with malicious intent. Trolling includes...

-batting people to flame at you
-putting the forum down and encouraging people to leave.
-flaming
-spamming
-using several identities on a board to support your own arguments / stage pretend arguments
-generally being a dick on a power trip.
Some trolls claim they actions benefit others. These trolls are also twats
Post1
did you see the way that guy was trolling?
Post2
yep, he got banned.
Post3
i just filled in another account. you guys are dicks. why did you ban me? im gonna spam the place up for that!!

Hunting for trolls.

Trollers hang around under bridges with troll guns at night (since trolls turn to stone in daylight), in the hope of bagging a troll head as a trophy.

As a VERY endangered (i.e. nonexistent) species, trolls are protected by law, and trolling is therefore illegal.
The police arrested two hobbits yesterday on charges of trolling.

Some people who harrass, insult and hurt other people on the internet which is usually on message boards...

A Good Example is the "Furrie" war on youtube where "trolls" are hacking , spamming and harrassing anyone who loves animals...
"Trolls" have no real reason for doing this and only do it for their own entertainment... Trolling is usually hated by many people and this has become quite serious...

"Fishing" for Males/Females in a chatroom for the purpose of "hooking up" to engage in Cyber sex usually.
This is not a pick up room no Trolling."

OR

"Troll
From Figure 4 Weekly

Trolling is the act of posting an opinion that does not directly correlate with that of Bryan Alvarez. The term is also applicable when somebody posts an opinion that they do not necessarily hold for nefarious purposes such as 'fun.'

Types of trolling

* Choosing a pet subject and beating it to complete death
* Picking long, pointless fights with Bryan
* Becoming OFFENDED~!
* Posting links to music videos from the 80's, on YOUTUBE~!

Famous trolls

* The Mexican
* LIPINSKI
* anchor (disputed)
* Read
* thebdr
* DB Express
* Odelay Brown
* Penis Suplex
* Dr. Kingsbridge
* Sebber
* John Wayne