Are you easily offended?

Cassius

I myself don't get offended easily. I might get annoyed at things, but rarely ever offended. So how do you fare in this PC (edit: Mac) friendly world?

Last edited:
Political correctness pisses me off big time...

EDIT: ...Just like PCs! Now give me an infraction!!!

Last edited:
EDIT: Resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm rarely offended. And when I feel insulted I just lie to myself and pretend I'm superior.

Political Correctness is incredibly irritating to me, but before criticizing others for being offended I always remind myself that I belong to some of the major "power" demographics and it's not for me to say what's too sensitive or not.

Everyone thinks Politically Correct applies to other people. It's another scam up their with iTunes.

Everyone thinks Politically Correct applies to other people. It's another scam up their with iTunes.

I think I know what you mean, Dave, but could you elaborate?

About PC, I mean. I already know iTunes is a scam.

Worm, It's an easy way to put someone down. (In a recent thread we were coming close to calling each other liberals, but I can't remember the details. I should have pointed it out then.)

What I mean is it doesn't really have any meaning (have you heard this one before?) but it's a very baaaaad thing. Instead of arguing the position we just say PC and a lot of things that are called PC, like awareness of sexual harassment in the workplace, for example, are good things.

Worm, It's an easy way to put someone down. (In a recent thread we were coming close to calling each other liberals, but I can't remember the details. I should have pointed it out then.)

What I mean is it doesn't really have any meaning (have you heard this one before?) but it's a very baaaaad thing. Instead of arguing the position we just say PC and a lot of things that are called PC, like awareness of sexual harassment in the workplace, for example, are good things.

Gotcha. Choir says hello to preacher.

I think the term has some meaning, but like "racist" most people assume it applies to other people. It's a concept that's not easily susceptible to clear definition, and it shifts a bit like "left" and "right" depend on where you're standing. I'd try to articulate a definition, but I should probably get some work done. Plus, my heart's not really in it without DAnn around. DAnn would have a word or two to say on the subject.

I am very easily offended, not in terms of racism,but i am very sensitive to things that are said about me and vary aware of the cruel things people say about others.

The people who i hate the most are those who think it is a positive thing thatthey speak there minds at the expense of others

Yes I am, unfortunately I didn't take after any of my parents.

There is an interesting article I read about this subject, but I find it hard to agree with the author (she's probably DAnn's guru or something :p). Yes, it's just words, but many people who were abused for example will say that words hurt worse than physical violence.

More precisely, what drives me mad is prejudice. I find it really offensive when people say/do hurtful things because they think they know something about someone when their 'knowledge' is based on prejudice. That level of arrogance I find completely incredible, if I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't believe it.

f*** no

People can do whatever the he** they'd like to but, if those things they do, personally push MY limits, morals, values and convictions as disrespect then, it's NOT ok...

Back
Top Bottom