Southbank Show: 20 years on?

Tbevie

Girl afraid
I remember back in 2006 there was a film crew filming one on the G-MEX gigs (the first one I think). Apparently they were going to use some of the footage for a new Southbank show featuring Morrissey, a sort of 20 years on thing from the last one in 87, featuring the Smiths.

There was a rumour at the time that it was going to be televised in September of this year but I‘m assuming as September is nearly over and we haven’t heard anything about it then its not happing.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Darn!!

South Bank Show

I thought the South Bank Show Special, which was being filmed at the time of the G-Mex gigs was being shown this autumn. Does anyone know anything about the prorramme and when it will be shown?

years ago - pre-the "interweb" i wrote to Melvyn Bragg and said. Will you please show the South Bank shows you made about the Smiths, Elvis Costello and Billy Bragg again as i missed them and i'd love to see them. He actually replied in person and said "there are no plans to repeats these programmes - but if you want to see them come along to our offices (on the south bank) and you can watch them as we have all the programmes on video - phone first and bring this letter" - So i did and got to watch them all in one day. That was nice wasn't it! - My point is, if this project has been shelved, for what ever reason maybe someone (not me - coz i can't be arsed) should write to Mr Bragg asking if we can see the footage he has got - that person could then secretly copy it and share it with the world.......
So whose gonna do it?

Does anyone know what happened....

...... to the proposed South Bank Show special on Morrissey, the cameras were definately there when he played G-Mex last christmas, so why no news.
anyone help.

Be in the Morrissey's Greatest Hits TV advert

New Blog

How do you show your devotion to Morrissey?
Category: Music

HAVE YOU ANY MORRISSY TATTOOS? HAVE YOU EVER GRAFFITTI'D MORRISSEY'S NAME ON A WALL? DO YOU OWN AMAZING MORRISSEY MEMORABILIA?

WERE LOOKING FOR IMAGES OF YOUR DEVOTION FOR POSSIBLE INCLUSION IN THE NEW MORRISSEY GREATEST HITS ALBUM ADVERT.

PLEASE SEND HIGH-QUALITY JPG IMAGES TO: [email protected]

BE QUICK, WE MUST RECIEVE ALL ENTRIES BY 19 JANUARY 2008.

Be in the Morrissey Greatest Hits TV Advert

the morrissey myspace page sent this bulletin today:

HAVE YOU ANY MORRISSEY TATTOOS? HAVE YOU EVER GRAFFITTI'D MORRISSEY'S NAME ON A WALL? DO YOU OWN AMAZING MORRISSEY MEMORABILIA?

WERE LOOKING FOR IMAGES OF YOUR DEVOTION FOR POSSIBLE INCLUSION IN THE NEW MORRISSEY GREATEST HITS ALBUM ADVERT.

PLEASE SEND HIGH-QUALITY JPG IMAGES TO: [email protected]

BE QUICK, WE MUST RECIEVE ALL ENTRIES BY 19 JANUARY 2008.

sorry if this has already been posted :)

Re: Be in the Morrissey's Greatest Hits TV advert

I must say I like this one - simple, elegant, and quoting from a great, great song.

026.jpg

Peter

I must say I like this one - simple, elegant, and quoting from a great, great song.

026.jpg

Peter

Thank you, that is my tattoo :o I hate that photo of it though, it looks like I have corned-beef skin :o

These two are also mine:
http://www.supercult.com/site2/welike/morrissey/030.jpg

http://www.supercult.com/site2/welike/morrissey/029.jpg

I just emailed them now. I sent a (better) photo of my Moz tattoo and a photo of one of the shirt sleeves I've caught with a poster as the background.

Hahaha! I can confirm that it is the front ;) On my lower abdomen. It f***ing killed.

Back
Top Bottom