Michael Vick

Worm

Taste the diffidence
I saw this article in today's Los Angeles Times which I thought was interesting. This is one of the more horrendous cases of animal cruelty to come along recently, and it's encouraging that so many people are speaking up.

The article contains quotes from Ingrid Newkirk, among others.

Reaction to Michael Vick

"A Falcons source said the team received 'a ton of ugly phone calls,' not just from season ticket holders in Georgia, but from places such as Ohio, Pennsylvania and Maine.

Asked to characterize the calls, the source said: 'I'll say this, people are very passionate about their pets.'"​

Even though many people still strongly disagree about vegetarianism, animal liberation, and other issues, it's nice to see there's unity in the overwhelming outrage about animal cruelty. Maybe consciousness about these crimes will go up a notch after this horrible story.

i hope he never plays ball again. This is so pathetic that he had a compound for dog fighting and training. BASTARD. and im not even veg!

added note, too bad no one cares about puppy mills ... that is just as bad as dog fighting compounds really. I get rescues or dogs from reputable breeders, pet stores fuel the puppy mill fire.

It's not just the dog fighting but the way animals that could not fight, or were injured, were not just killed, but tortured. It wasn't just disregard for suffering but intentional infliction of pain for entertainment. He should be used for medical research.

Disgracefull! I'm horrified:eek::mad:

As dave said - the fact that they had so much 'Fun' killing the 'useless' dogs realy underlines how sick these bastards realy are.

I hope this will ruin his career and he ends up selling hotdogs in the car park at the next super bowl! I bet it doesn't though. Too much money involved. And for every 1 person who, like us, is outraged, there will be 1 who says "So what, I don't care, lets watch football".

Perhaps he should be locked in a cage with a dozen of his most vicious dogs, see if HE likes fighting with hem? Nice idea, but then I'd be as bad as him. Cruelty is wrong even if the bastard does deserve it! :(

I hope this will ruin his career and he ends up selling hotdogs in the car park at the next super bowl! I bet it doesn't though. Too much money involved. And for every 1 person who, like us, is outraged, there will be 1 who says "So what, I don't care, lets watch football".

I'm not so sure. I think his career might be in jeopardy. Like you I'm cynical about the influence of money in sports, but even if money is going to decide this case he may be in trouble. Believe it or not I think Vick is an expendable player, especially now that Vince Young is in the league. Well before this indictment I was of the opinion that as a player and a personality Vick is the next Randy Moss.

Besides, the p.r. is so bad on this. The NFL prides itself on trying to maintain a squeaky-clean image (despite the Bengals). They're not going to look the other way, especially if the public backlash is as bad as the Times article suggests. Remember, the pigheaded assholes who yell "Let's watch football" are usually the same ones who love their dogs more than their wives.

Believe it or not I think Vick is an expendable player, especially now that Vince Young is in the league.
I follow football very closely and I concur with this statement. To lose vick would be no harm no foul. He's too touch and go. There's plenty of half assed QBs to choose from they don't have to keep him.
The NFL prides itself on trying to maintain a squeaky-clean image (despite the Bengals).
I LOLMAOROFLMAO at that one
Remember, the pigheaded assholes who yell "Let's watch football" are usually the same ones who love their dogs more than their wives.
There's truth to this as well

Back
Top Bottom