Sources in London

Ordinary Mayo

While I went to London in August for a little holiday trip, I just want to ask for some hints! Looking for some Moz stuff cd and lp also as books and mags. Used or new... Prefered cheap and rare :D

So I someone could recommend anything, I would be very pleased :rolleyes:

While I went to London in August for a little holiday trip, I just want to ask for some hints! Looking for some Moz stuff cd and lp also as books and mags. Used or new... Prefered cheap and rare :D

So I someone could recommend anything, I would be very pleased :rolleyes:

Yes I'd be interested to see what are the best places to go for records etc in London, we are in London in August too, from the 5th or 6th for a week.

I recommend you get (if you haven't already) a copy of the book 'Panic on the streets' (The Smiths & Morrissey location guide).

love

Grim

Music & Video Exchange.
38 Notting Hill Gate London W11
208 Camden High Street London NW1

Berwick St in Soho has a number of good shops all right next to each other (Sister Ray, MVE, Rough Trade, etc). The street on What's The Story (Morning Glory). Saw Bjork picking her nose there last time I was 'round.

Beanos in Croydon.

There's a record fair on the 5th in Kilburn.

Ebay and the internet is a sellers paradise. Record stores and fairs is a buyers paradise.

thanks Beau

love

Grim

Music & Video Exchange.
38 Notting Hill Gate London W11
208 Camden High Street London NW1

Berwick St in Soho has a number of good shops all right next to each other (Sister Ray, MVE, Rough Trade, etc). The street on What's The Story (Morning Glory). Saw Bjork picking her nose there last time I was 'round.

Beanos in Croydon.

There's a record fair on the 5th in Kilburn.

Ebay and the internet is a sellers paradise. Record stores and fairs is a buyers paradise.

Ive been to each of these several times over the past few years. I'd say Music and Video Exchange on Notting Hill is the best place to hit up. Spend some time upstairs digging around.

If your taking a cab to Berwick, little tip - prounounce it "Bear-wick" and make your life easier. The smell of curry wafting in the air is a little strong there too. GROSS.

Never pass a charity shop without going in. If you're going to be around Notting Hill, there's a good Cancer shop near Dub Vendor in Ladbroke Grove, right across from the tube station. If you turn the corner at Dub Vendor and keep going parallel to the Westway until you get to Portabello Rd you'll be at Honest Jon's. After that, go down Portabello Rd and take a left on Golborne, you'll be at Rough Trade. Bound to come up with something. Here's a mappy thing:

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/mapping/map.php?pc=W10+6HJ

If you see advertisements for boot sales, make it a point to be there. You just never know. As for record fairs, this site can help:

http://www.spinningwax.com/fairs.htm

Do have a wonderful time and let us know what you find!

Also,

Rough Trade in Neals Yard, Covent Garden is closing down and being replaced by a superstore in Brick Lane. Could be interesting to check out for records (although hardly second-hand moz vinyl) as it's supposed to be 5,000 sq feet. Sounds great. I'm heading to London in November to see Arcade Fire in Alexandra Palace and will definately checking out this new superstore.

Good article on it here...

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/music/2007/07/is_rough_trade_our_only_hope_f.html

Back
Top Bottom