Now I Stink Just Like Morrissey :)

SomeTotallyRandomMozFan

MudSpelledBackwardsIsDum
Fellow Moz Fanz!

Well today I purchased the same cologne that Morrissey wears!

A fellow fan Andrea in Philly directed me to this website that sells Avignon Incense by Comme des Garcons here:

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=21900&section=

I happen to live in Moz Angeles just a few miles from their store so I went in and Angela the proprieter said that Morrissey himself came into the store last month during his shows here and bought 4 bottles!

So now I have a bottle - and I also got one for my lovely friend Andrea in Philly- we'll both stink really yummy together (like vanilla gothic cathedrals) at the Florida shows next week :)

Cheers,

Jay

we already knew you stank, MacTando! No amount of perfume is going to cover up the fact that you ain't Morrissey.

Wait wait wait! I thought he wore Gucci Pour Homme?!?!!?? I saw him a few weeks ago in St. Louis, and I was lucky enough to get a piece of his shirt. I smelled that thing for days... and after some internet research, I found several places that listed him as wearing the Gucci. So I went and got some, and I really think it smells like my shirt-scrap.

Where did you get your info that he wears Avignon Incense???

Wait wait wait! I thought he wore Gucci Pour Homme?!?!!?? I saw him a few weeks ago in St. Louis, and I was lucky enough to get a piece of his shirt. I smelled that thing for days... and after some internet research, I found several places that listed him as wearing the Gucci. So I went and got some, and I really think it smells like my shirt-scrap.

Where did you get your info that he wears Avignon Incense???

I know when I shook his hand like 5 times in Columbus, OH it was definitely Avignon Incense. He may change it up every once in a while, but as Jay said the lady at the shop saw him in there a few weeks ago buying 4 bottles. I actually talked to her on the phone today...thanks Jay ;-) and she told me the story. Also, I shook his hand in Vienna, VA and it was definitely the Avignon. Go get yourself some!!! It's hot. I can't stop smelling myself...oh, that sounded weird....LOL :D

He might have worn Gucci Pour Homme in the past as well

Andrea in Philly researched it as well as Abrahan in Houston, TX

Then the final confirmation was from Angela the proprieter of Lucky Scent in L.A. when I went in today :) She told me the whole story today about how he came into the shop in person.

I know when I shook his hand like 5 times in Columbus, OH it was definitely Avignon Incense. He may change it up every once in a while, but as Jay said the lady at the shop saw him in there a few weeks ago buying 4 bottles. I actually talked to her on the phone today...thanks Jay ;-) and she told me the story. Also, I shook his hand in Vienna, VA and it was definitely the Avignon. Go get yourself some!!! It's hot. I can't stop smelling myself...oh, that sounded weird....LOL :D

yep - like she said :D

Already ordered a sample from the luckyscent site! What would we do without the interweb?!!?!

Thanks for helping along my addiction, in mean, interest!

if you look at the post-Letterman pictures on morrissey web, in his hand, you will see the Avignon box. I know, because I have one as well. :D

a description of this scent i found is: smoky, heavy, dark, perverse, slightly brutal. ahhhh. so moz. haha.

another thing i find interesting about those photos is the lp he is carrying.

a description of this scent i found is: smoky, heavy, dark, perverse, slightly brutal. ahhhh. so moz. haha.

another thing i find interesting about those photos is the lp he is carrying.

charles laughton reading passages from the bible? or as my swedish friend said "another dead gay englishman sparking Morrissey's interest".

i wonder whether morrissey likes cathy berberian...i am enchanted by her work these days. i don't know how i brought cathy into all of this...she is neither British or gay...

I shall have to invest in some for my Moz hating bf, at least he will never know, all i have to do is close my eyes and dream of Moz....yummy!! (does that make me a bad person?):o

I shall have to invest in some for my Moz hating bf, at least he will never know, all i have to do is close my eyes and dream of Moz....yummy!! (does that make me a bad person?):o

You wouldn't be the first one... I went for the Gucci, though, because it was readily available and is a very similar fragrance. The Comme des Garcons is deeper, more complex, and smokier, but the Gucci has much the same feeling. Smells great on my DH and he doesn't suspect! OK, I don't feel all bad. He needed a new cologne and the Gucci suits him very well.

You wouldn't be the first one... I went for the Gucci, though, because it was readily available and is a very similar fragrance. The Comme des Garcons is deeper, more complex, and smokier, but the Gucci has much the same feeling. Smells great on my DH and he doesn't suspect! OK, I don't feel all bad. He needed a new cologne and the Gucci suits him very well.

Cool...:D I shall invest then.

yes my friend works at luckyscent and sent me alot of samples of the scent and she also confirmed he had recently placed an order for it. also was lucky enough to get a piece of shirt in oklahoma and the scents do in fact match

Well, just so everyone knows the length and depth of my insanity, I offer this:

I got some Gucci a while back, but could not convince anyone in my life to wear it. So, being the crafty lady that I am, I made some candles and dumped a bunch of the Gucci in with the melted wax. Beautiful. Now I have my own Moz-scented candles to perfume my day to day existence!

So imagine my excitement when I saw on the Lucky Scent site that there is an actual existing official candle in the Comme des Garcons scent! And for only $60! That's alot of cheese, but maybe if I forgo this week's trip to the analyst I can afford it...

Back
Top Bottom