Forum in other Language!

helvogt

I would prefear if there where some other Forum here which are for other speaking people.'So may there could be an extra French ,italia und german forum? what do you think?

NO!!!! This is America/UK love it or leave it!!!

Just Kidding :)

Moz is too international though, way too many languages. I think Spanish is the most prevalent.

Last edited:
i think its better to make here an german extra forum instead of making an extra german website with forum..

I don't think a Morrissey site should need to be in any specific language. English-speakers are lucky in that this site was set up by Americans and so theirs/ours is the prevalent language, and also obviously because Morrissey himself is English. Are there any international forums out there for Moz fans?

i think its better to make here an german extra forum instead of making an extra german website with forum..

Yes, perhaps an extra forum for different languages. But there are *many* languages in the world, I highly doubt the site could cater for everybody all the time. Incidentally I would how many Moz-Soloers are fluently bilingual?

There could just be an extra section for other languages, and people could start threads in a specific language. Whatever happens, non-English speakers should definitely be catered for.

Coiff.

I know as an English speaker this is easy to say, but I quite like the "international-ness" of these forums. It is nice to mix with people of different backgrounds and coultures, and if we all had our own language forum that would happen a lot less, and I think the Forum would be worse off for that.

Hi Helvogt,

I'd say a good quantity of people who come here don't speak English as their native language.This is a great place for practising it :).

Gruß
-crsp-

I think an extra section for foreign languages is not a bad idea.

We all could post threads in our language and talk to other people whose English is not that good and maybe we found more users who are coming from our country because they don't like to post because of lack of the English language.

And another idea: users with other language knowledges can post in foreign languages and improve it and see if they still understand everything and can write in languages they learnt at school or wherever.

We are really international here and I think it's interesting to see the own language here.

I think of just one section where we all post are in other languages. I think we recognise our language when we see it, so it wouldn't be a problem when Spanish, German, French and whatever is mixed in one section.

What do you think?

And what does the webmaster think?

Hi Helvogt,

I'd say a good quantity of people who come here don't speak English as their native language.This is a great place for practising it :).

Gruß
-crsp-

That's what I say!

Zwei doofe, ein Gedanke. :p

Are there any international forums out there for Moz fans?
I know an Italian forum for Moz/Smiths fans.

I know as an English speaker this is easy to say, but I quite like the "international-ness" of these forums. It is nice to mix with people of different backgrounds and coultures, and if we all had our own language forum that would happen a lot less, and I think the Forum would be worse off for that.
I like it for the same reason.

Yes and Yes.
I think an extra section for foreign languages is not a bad idea.

We all could post threads in our language and talk to other people whose English is not that good and maybe we found more users who are coming from our country because they don't like to post because of lack of the English language.

And another idea: users with other language knowledges can post in foreign languages and improve it and see if they still understand everything and can write in languages they learnt at school or wherever.

We are really international here and I think it's interesting to see the own language here.

I think of just one section where we all post are in other languages. I think we recognise our language when we see it, so it wouldn't be a problem when Spanish, German, French and whatever is mixed in one section.

Hmm. I like it. It could work maybe.

Yes, I believe so.

"I know as an English speaker this is easy to say, but I quite like the "international-ness" of these forums. It is nice to mix with people of different backgrounds and coultures, and if we all had our own language forum that would happen a lot less, and I think the Forum would be worse off for that."

That's true. If there would be Morrissey-forum, and there would be only people, who speak finnish, I wouldn't go there. It wouldn't be as nice as in here. I don't mean, that Finnish people are boring, actually it would be nice, that I would meet here someone who is Finnish also.
But I'm more interested about people who are from different countries.

and if we all had our own language forum that would happen a lot less, and I think the Forum would be worse off for that.

Oh, I don't think that everyone would immediately change the (language) sides and would just post in one forum/section. I'd be in every other section either. I love the English language and like to use it. I wouldn't go away.

It's just like another Off-topic-section where we post stuff in our own language and the main things are further discussed in the old (English) sections.

I think all the foreign English speaking users here are staying in the old sections because it's our centre and the place where everything important around Morrissey is discussed.

Or would someone really ignore the General Discussion or Download Section when we have another Off-Topic-Section for foreign languages? I hope not.

I think it would be great if people started threads in the language they feel comfortable in. Maybe we could even reply in different languagues? I think everyone here can read English, but if you aren't comfortable writing in it, it would still be good to hear from you in any language.

I'm counting down the seconds until this thread becomes a bitter, uninformed mud-fight about political correctness ;)

Why this? :confused: No no, we're all nice here. :)

I think it would be great if people started threads in the language they feel comfortable in. Maybe we could even reply in different languagues?

Should it be in the normal sections or just in the Off-Topic section? I think when we mix languages in every section then everything is very confused.

I thought about this topic this morning on the way to my work and maybe Bassist-In-A-Tutu is right - some users just might post in the own-language threads and leave the main boards and this would change the spirit.

It's worth a try, isn't it? But we can't go back when we're started. Maybe there would be some protest.

Hm, difficult topic....

the worst thing that could happen is that there would be threads some of us wouldn't understand, but the exchange would be great. I would like to see it happen. Off Topic is where anything goes so it might be a good place to start, but why not have threads about Morrissey in the general discussion? I don't see how it could bother anyone.

I don't think people would stick to their own language. The only thing that might happen is that people that are only reading the forum now, thinking their English is not good enough, might start to post.

The idea that if we have more languages we become less multicultural doesn't really make sense if you think about it. the majority of the threads would still be in English. I think it's an exciting idea and I would enjoy seeing how much Spanish or French I could understand. I might even try to write a short reply and everyone could laugh at me! I don't mind. :)

Back
Top Bottom