Ceci rocks because...

pandora_cocteau

she has been a vegetarian for over a month now!!!!!!!!!!
congratulations!!!! now you can never ever turn back!! and you won't want to either!!! :D

WOW!!! Go Ceci GO!!!!!!!!!!:DI`ve been one for twenty five years and have never ever ever missed the disgusting stuff. Animals are precious things.

Ceci You Know Morrissey would APPROVE:D:)

39364x9l5aeorp2.gif

Whaaat, she wasnt before..?.:eek:

Well done Ceci, its not hard and you'll NEVER go back.
Veggies rock. :D

Keep at it girl!
Been veggie a long time now and never wanted to go back. Only problems are when I'm in France (which is often). Jesus, theyd eat anything and don't understand where I'm coming from!

woo hoo! congrats! stay healthy and aware :)
next step: go vegan!

okay i know, im pushing it...

Excellent decision, Ceci! The more of us are coming through the better. I have too many idiots at work who saying things like, 'Wow, now a really huge steak. That would be fine!'

I can't eat as much as I want to puke.

What is with your family/daughter? Did you talk to them/her about this topic?

Well done Ceci......:)

Keep at it girl!
Been veggie a long time now and never wanted to go back. Only problems are when I'm in France (which is often). Jesus, theyd eat anything and don't understand where I'm coming from!

You don`t want to go to Germany then. I went once and the waiter had a look of absolute horror on his face when I wanted veggies or an omelete.Everything is schnitzels .Even brekkie is mountains of sausages and spam like meat.
I remeber a 10 day school trip i had in Austria it was sheer torture and i survived by eating lettuce.

You don`t want to go to Germany then. I went once and the waiter had a look of absolute horror on his face when I wanted veggies or an omelete.Everything is schnitzels .Even brekkie is mountains of sausages and spam like meat.
I remeber a 10 day school trip i had in Austria it was sheer torture and i survived by eating lettuce.

nonono, there are way worse places - try spain or france. actually, vienna was number one on a list of veggie friendly cities recently. so, I don't know where and when you had your school trip but things have really changed here.

How old were you when you turned veggie? Just curious :)

How old were you when you turned veggie? Just curious :)

I was nearly 12.I`m 37 now. I never liked meat as a child.I think partly because my nan used to give me rabbit stew and roast heart.And liver(shudder) and other horrible stuff and duck. I could never understand why i was taken to feed the blessed things with bread and go ahhh at them and then back to nan`s for a roast one!!And the thought of offal-YUK!! But right from when I was tiny I associated what i was eating with what I saw in the fields (I lived in the country) and it horrified me.I`ve always adored animals.I really can relate to animals and they seem to like me.:) I used to work in a restaurant and the worst thing I ever so was the chef skinning this rabbit that had babies inside it.He just pulled them out (there were two) and was so pleased he got more for his money:mad:

The best country to be veggie is Greece. I know they like meat but its easy to order veggie. I love couscous and Greek salad.I love feta cheese.I`ve got hundreds of veggie recipes in my head and none contain nuts funnily enough....which is what people seem to think we all live on.

Well done you! I'm another life long veggie, and I would say France is one of the worst places to be one, yeah. Although Eastern Europe is probably worse but I've never been. I reckon Italy is heaven for veggies, I'm thinking of going just for the food..we should organise a mass trip.

Well done you! I'm another life long veggie, and I would say France is one of the worst places to be one, yeah. Although Eastern Europe is probably worse but I've never been. I reckon Italy is heaven for veggies, I'm thinking of going just for the food..we should organise a mass trip.

YES!!! What a fab idea.W`ell wait till Morrissey returns to Rome then w`ell pop round for some pizza and a glass of Red.:D H`ell bloody love it.:)

That sounds like a plan! - He'll love it! :D I'd actually pay to see him nibble an olive off a cocktail stick..

she has been a vegetarian for over a month now!!!!!!!!!!
congratulations!!!! now you can never ever turn back!! and you won't want to either!!! :D

Ooooohh My Goodness!! Thank you Pandora!

Hahaha... I didn't know about this thread at all until WHY PM me!! Thank you so much for all your words and support.

I was actually thinking to post a thread to share this change of lifestyle, but I haven't had the time!! Monday is holiday here and I have to work too much in advance!

On the matter, I have to say:

1) It was a slow process... I guess all things come in proper time... I considered the change for a couple of years probably. I have friends and acquaintances who are vegeterians too, and they inspired me as well as Morrissey of course. To me it always seemed great but I just lacked the will to quit meat. I thought by those days that becoming a veggie was something beautiful , but I really believed I couldn't live without the taste of a good barbecue, hamburger, ham, and stuff... I have to confess that, in spite of my being always skinny, I was able to eat half a kilo or a whole kilo of meat during a barbecue with family or friends... Don't hate me... Cause that was the "old me".

2) Slowly I started to eat less and less meat, because I noticed that meat really made me feel digestively horrible... I started to develop colon problems and not to mention all the troubles I had with my intestines.

3) After being involved in this forum and watching enough Morrissey interviews I knew that I had -sooner than later- to become a veggie. And I just decided it overnight. I realized that I hadn't eaten meat for like a week or 2 and I said to myself: "Well... Considering that I'm on this path already, why not to keep it like that!!..." And I made this oath to myself... Meat nevermore...

4) The results have been wonderful... I feel better than ever, my digestive system is working wonderfully as never before in my adult life, I feel "lighter", I know you'll understand what I mean... I feel my blood cleaner, my body has taken its original form, since I had gained a few little pounds and I had never been used to gain any weight whatsoever, but now in a month I'm just like I've always been in my adult life. 47 kilos is my all time weight. No more no less. And above all, I think this is a giant leap in terms of conciousness... I feel a little evolved now... I've always cared for animals, but now I know I'm doing something important for them. And I can look at them straight to their eyes without remorse. Like 2 weeks ago I found myself rejecting a plate they offered me in my work's cafeteria, it was turkey and white rice, but I said: No, I don't eat animals... And that was incredible... Those words came to my mouth by themselves... It was so natural... And now everytime I see a steak or a piece of ham or any meat I just can't see anything else but the whole animal being that that piece of flesh used to be... To me it's no food anymore, it's a part that belonged to an animal before.

5) Regarding my daughter: She's just 9. I've said here before that I'm one of those who think that children must make their own choices in proper time... My daughter looooves animals, and she have a special connection with cats especially, they look for her and they talk, believe it or not, but she also loves eating meat... By now... I know that sooner than later she will make the connection and I'm sure she will make her decision, but I won't push her to vegetarianism yet because I don't like preaching and because it can cause the opposite effect, especially if she will be a teenager in a few more years. However, meat doesn't make it home... I won't buy meat or any of its subproducts, none at all... So at home she sticks to my veggie diet and doesn't complain because, as a result of my change, I've started to cook more and I've discovered little veggie places where they sell soy burgers, franks, salami, everything vegetal, and tofu! And she loved everything, so no problem... But if we go out to a restaurant and she orders meat I won't scold her or forbid her...

6) Finally, I just got to know 2 weeks ago that the world meat industry generates roughly the 18% of ALL greenhouse gases that cause global warming!! So i'm really proud not to be contributing with that... And that just reaffirmed my decision...

Anyway, it's no easy being a veggie in a country of which NATIONAL typical traditions, costums and cuisine REVOLVE totally around meat: Family and friends meetings always happen around a barbecue, inevitably; rodeo, turn overs filled with ground meat... And I have to be tolerant because this an intrinsically carnivore country.

3 days after I had made my decision, I didn't have anything to eat or cook at home, so I crossed the street and went to a minimarket... All, but ALL sandwiches they sell there, all had some kind of meat, and my daughter and I were starving... I think that experience was the toughest test for my will... But I passed it... And we ended up eating some invention I had to make... hahaha.

As Pandora well said, this week I completed my 1st month as a vegetarian and I can't feel less than proud because I know there's no way back.

And the other day in the supermarket I remembered you Pandora! Cause I found the Portobello mushroom :D

Well...This turned out long, but it's my experience and I'm happy that Pandora got ahead me in telling you all and sharing this wonderful life change, which is, make no mistake, forever :) Thank you all!!

Back
Top Bottom