And I had a look of bedevilment

The fabled whalley Range demo?

Apoligised for because the sound was low due to someone sleeping in next room?!?!

Thats very cool-

You are now a Moz-Solo Legend

THANKS!

no, not the whalley range demo...

yes, it's too clear to be recorded in a bedroom...i remember once reading something about early versions that were too low for moz's voice. it was in that guy's book who got to raid mike joyce's collection.

if i had any idea which box that book was currently buried, i'd go looking for it.

What is this? It's not Morrissey singing, right?

sounds like him to me. his voice was pretty different back in the early days and this was before the early days. i'll have to get a better listen on something other than a laptop but I think it's him.

apparently the Devil finds work for idle hands...and Im off work, babysitting...

now, where are those TDK c90's

"mam...Im clearing out my closet"

The fabled whalley Range demo?

Apoligised for because the sound was low due to someone sleeping in next room?!?!
What Whalley Range demo?

I know that Morrissey allegedly (at least accoring to the LTM website) did some demos in his pre-Smiths days, with Ian Devine, but that would be to entire different melodies, and none of that survives.

The demo you mention must be the one that Richard Boon talked about, the one that Morrissey sent him. That was supposed to be "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" set to a different tune, and with barely audible vocal. Boon said Morrissey apologized for the vocal saying his mother was asleep in the other room. So he obviously recorded the vocal in his house, not Whalley Range.

This is obviously a Smiths demo of the "Suffer Little Children" as we know it, with music written by Johnny Marr. My guess is this is the Decibel Demo from August 1982.

This is great. Thank You! :D

Last edited:
GREAT? OMG!!! (understatement of the year!)

Superlatives are not enough. Home James.

who is the poster of this little gem?

Skinny reveal all!

Back
Top Bottom