More Letterman News from TTY

Thanks, guvnah. I was under the misapprehension that it was being broadcast on the 25th; Friday is better though.

A friday Broadcast is not better!! i thought one of the points was to promote the east cost shows, including MSG on saturday. a friday broadcast will not give people much time to buy tickets. not to mention many people go out fridays and won't see morrissey perform.

nevermind...morrissey needs a a better manager.

i dont know what you are talking about wink wink. bridge and tunnel soccer moms and bada bing wanna be strippers go out on fridays.
they go the west side with 50 dollar bills clutched in their paws in hopes that they might gain entry to bungalow 8.

any disaffected 30 something with disposable income and a white collar job as a creative something or something that has yet to buy a ticket for msg will be at home eating take out thai food and watching law and order suv.

i dont know what you are talking about wink wink. bridge and tunnel soccer moms and bada bing wanna be strippers go out on fridays.
they go the west side with 50 dollar bills clutched in their paws in hopes that they might gain entry to bungalow 8.

any disaffected 30 something with disposable income and a white collar job as a creative something or something that has yet to buy a ticket for msg will be at home eating take out thai food and watching law and order suv.

Hahaha wow that's funny an true!

But I do agree...fri nite airing is not good for moz. 3 east coast shows are already goin to be complete an then msg the next day, not leaving much time for the people that didn't even know about the show(which I don't understand)to get tix. Its also not good cause when the letterman show called an said they are taping 2 shows monday. The 1st taping will air that nite an the 2nd taping that nite will air fri I said earlier taping please since moz said he was goin to be on on the 25th. I then find out too late tonite that its actually airing fri meaning I don't get to see him :( ..

OK... it's now not at all clear when Moz will appear on the show! I just checked the Letterman site, and they're listing the appearance for Monday. http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/pants/

So, get your DVRs ready! Don't want to miss it! Also, one fantastic little bonus I just realized. I get to watch Moz in HD! At least that damn expensive tv my DH bought will be good for something besides freaking Cartoon Network... which isn't broadcast in HD!

OK... it's now not at all clear when Moz will appear on the show! I just checked the Letterman site, and they're listing the appearance for Monday. http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/pants/

So, get your DVRs ready! Don't want to miss it! Also, one fantastic little bonus I just realized. I get to watch Moz in HD! At least that damn expensive tv my DH bought will be good for something besides freaking Cartoon Network... which isn't broadcast in HD!

So it's the first taping, same day. Already tomorrow - it must be final decision.

It states Friday 29th June on KY Jelly's myspace page (see about KY section):

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=39506616

what time does taping start? anybody? I have to go to drop off some work right in that area tomorrow and I could head right over there to meet Mozza as he walks out. :D

edit - i just found the info!! i can call tomorrow at 11
Stand-By Tickets

Stand-by tickets are available by calling (212) 247-6497 starting at 11:00 a.m. on the day of the taping you wish to attend. Your name will be taken and you will be placed on our stand by list in the order we receive your call. You will be asked to check in to the theater at a specific time approximately 1 hour before the taping. You will only be admitted to the actual taping in the event seats remain after all of the regularly ticketed guests are accommodated. We will keep the above phone line open for approximately 30-60 minutes or until we fill our allocation of stand by slots, which varies from day to day. As with all of our tickets, all attendees must present a government-issued picture I.D. to match the name(s) given on the phone.

Last edited:
Watch tomorrow. I'm going to make a wild guess here and say that Moz' people said, "If it's Friday, forget it." Or, the Letterman producers changed their minds on their own.

Besides, you will only have to watch the first minute or two to find out for sure, right?

Letterman rocks...what are you guys complaining about? What, you'd rather watch Jay Leno? He's terrible and fakes interest with his guests. At least Dave has some "soul".

Anyways, I was lucky enough to see Pearl Jam on the show a few years back. I knew in advance they were going to be on so I wrote a detailed note on the online web form for ticket requests. I found out they called me back on a random trip into NYC, very late notice. They called and left a v/m on my cell. So I called this woman back and she asked me questions about the show and I got in with a buddy. We had upper deck seats on the left......tight quarters!

Tips:

1) Anyways, for those who might like to attend....if you don't have tickets, they usually have people around outside the theater that are pushing "stand-by" seats. Its a good idea to know some recent Letterman skits (Will it float, etc). They might ask you how big a fan of Dave's you are. If they sense you are there only to see Moz, they *might* not pick you.

2) Also, if you get cold easily, wear a jacket or something warm....Dave keeps the studio pretty cold.

3) Bring picture ID....they don't mess around with that.

4) If I recall correctly, the show tapes between 4 and 6 PM. It makes for a long day.

5) Have fun....and don't forget, this is the place the Beatles played their 1st TV shows!

Letterman rocks...what are you guys complaining about? What, you'd rather watch Jay Leno? He's terrible and fakes interest with his guests. At least Dave has some "soul".

Anyways, I was lucky enough to see Pearl Jam on the show a few years back. I knew in advance they were going to be on so I wrote a detailed note on the online web form for ticket requests. I found out they called me back on a random trip into NYC, very late notice. They called and left a v/m on my cell. So I called this woman back and she asked me questions about the show and I got in with a buddy. We had upper deck seats on the left......tight quarters!

Tips:

1) Anyways, for those who might like to attend....if you don't have tickets, they usually have people around outside the theater that are pushing "stand-by" seats. Its a good idea to know some recent Letterman skits (Will it float, etc). They might ask you how big a fan of Dave's you are. If they sense you are there only to see Moz, they *might* not pick you.

2) Also, if you get cold easily, wear a jacket or something warm....Dave keeps the studio pretty cold.

3) Bring picture ID....they don't mess around with that.

4) If I recall correctly, the show tapes between 4 and 6 PM. It makes for a long day.

5) Have fun....and don't forget, this is the place the Beatles played their 1st TV shows!

:) thanks for the tips!!! very helpful indeed!

err.... anyone know any letterman skits that might help me... i only know top ten and stupid pet tricks used to be there??? but i dont watch that show... bill maher and nyc tv for me!

:) thanks for the tips!!! very helpful indeed!

err.... anyone know any letterman skits that might help me... i only know top ten and stupid pet tricks used to be there??? but i dont watch that show... bill maher and nyc tv for me!

I was always fond of "Hairpiece...not a hairpiece" :p

Back
Top Bottom