What is with all the Homophobic comments about Morrissey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegan-soldier

~~~~~~~~~
I mean, who cares.....But I have seen more people on these boards who supposedly love Morrissey constantly throwing these "OMG, I can't handle him being gay" or "OMG does this mean he's gay"......

Maybe the ? to the person(s) typing these should be...."Is there something about yourself you are afraid of?" I mean you are already a massive fan of a male singer who leans more to his feminine side, which in my opinion is great and ever notice how many guys run onto the stage to touch him. Like he says "It is homoerotic" (from the importance of being morrissey). I can understand the mystery part of his supposedly "undisclosed sexuality" but does it matter that much and therefore, is it really that strange? (sorry, couldn't help it)...

Anyone else noticing this faux-nomenon? I mean....c'mon.....if you hadn't figured out his free sexual nature with the Smiths than Bona Drag should have tipped you off........

Just my thoughts.....I love Morrissey regardless.......Even if he said he was going to marry a tree....whatever...he still has gotten me through so many trying periods of my life and has been the only artist to seem that he truly understands what everyday people go through spiked with a hillarious sense of humour....

Maybe the ? to the person(s) typing these should be...."Is there something about yourself you are afraid of?"

Just my thoughts.....I love Morrissey regardless.......Even if he said he was going to marry a tree
Yes, that's the right question. I got over that and now I feel good.
No need to say I believe we are all bisexuals, but someone never discover it and choose only one direction.

...marry a tree :D

Yes, that's the right question. I got over that and now I feel good.
No need to say I believe we are all bisexuals, but someone never discover it and choose only one direction.

...marry a tree :D

But which sort of tree? Is Morrissey an evergreen man or a deciduous-lover? Or is he bi-arborial like we thought all along? :D

Last edited:
But which sort of tree? Is Morrissey an evergreen man or a deciduous-lover? Or is he bi-arborial like we thought all along?

Multi-arborial?
He insisted on having a tree back-stage, didn't he?

I think some women just hate the idea of having their fantasies crushed.

that's funny, i think i read somewhere here someone blaming women for constantly arguing that morrissey *is* gay because they can't stand the idea of him with a women as it would crush their own fantasies about marrying him or whatever...so it's the fault of us weak-minded and jealous women no matter i guess?

anyway morrissey has said it's none of anyone's business, and sexuality is such a personal thing...but yeah i can't see how anyone who listens to his music could have an issue with the idea of him being gay when he is so open-minded, this isn't an eminem fansite for heavens sake

thats exactly what it is. but thats happens alot for me in the real world too, cuz i constantly find myself being attracted to feminine boys, which in turn means i find myself attracted to gay boys alot. hence, my fantasies are crushed in reality and in my moz fantasies. how depressing. :( haha :p

I mean, who cares.....But I have seen more people on these boards who supposedly love Morrissey constantly throwing these "OMG, I can't handle him being gay" or "OMG does this mean he's gay"......

Maybe the ? to the person(s) typing these should be...."Is there something about yourself you are afraid of?" I mean you are already a massive fan of a male singer who leans more to his feminine side, which in my opinion is great and ever notice how many guys run onto the stage to touch him. Like he says "It is homoerotic" (from the importance of being morrissey). I can understand the mystery part of his supposedly "undisclosed sexuality" but does it matter that much and therefore, is it really that strange? (sorry, couldn't help it)...

Anyone else noticing this faux-nomenon? I mean....c'mon.....if you hadn't figured out his free sexual nature with the Smiths than Bona Drag should have tipped you off........

Just my thoughts.....I love Morrissey regardless.......Even if he said he was going to marry a tree....whatever...he still has gotten me through so many trying periods of my life and has been the only artist to seem that he truly understands what everyday people go through spiked with a hillarious sense of humour....

Yes Yes, I don't care if he's gay, he's still my fantasy no matter what. Really it is nobody's business but his. But the comment about "more guys run onto stage to touch him" That doesn't necessarily make Morrissey gay, it's just not a legitimate argument, all it means is that the guys can make it onto the stage easier. You ever try to get up there? It's rough, I'm a strong girl, a personal trainer actually and I still couldn't make it, ALL of security is male its tough, plus you ever see his body guard?!
I mean if you want to start this argument good for you, but lets use some real facts here. There are things to suggest he swings both ways. I think it depends on the mood he is in! I was at a show where it was obvious he was going for the more feminine hands, I should know he held mine twice and came back for a third but I asked if he could give my sis a go since it was her birthday. Then you can have a listen to "Dear God" and say oh well that is obviously about him and another man....he's gay. But Morrissey has said it himself, as long as he loves the person and that person loves him it doesn't matter the gender. I agree with you that fans should leave it alone, I say we don't have to agree with it, but we can respect it!

Lord above not this again!!Has he SAID he`s gay?Has he been seen having a tongue sandwich with a bloke?NO!!He`s not gay....he`s not gay....he`s not gay.:D

the strangest coments about that I have ever read is someone saying that morrissey never came out because it would have ruined his career. being a child of the 80ies - I remember boy george - george michael - the communards - freddy mercury - frankie goes to hollywood - and loads of potentially straight crossdressing boys like the casts of duran duran, human league etc. maybe I was only dreaming - but it seems to me that very colourful gays were able to make a very good living in the music industry in the 80ies without hiding.

and as far as shattered fantasies - I think women who "can't stand the fact that he might be gay" should start to understand what a fanatsy is: a simple neuronal flickering of your own private braincells. it has nothing to to with reality. so: don't feel crushed!

and as far as shattered fantasies - I think women who "can't stand the fact that he might be gay" should start to understand what a fanatsy is: a simple neuronal flickering of your own private braincells. it has nothing to to with reality. so: don't feel crushed![/QUOTE]

Exactly!!He is whatever anyone wants him to be.He is shrewd and he KNOWS this.This is why he will never ever say either way.And no one will ever find out.He will always be open to interpretation.That is his appeal.He remains an enigma.A straight enigma.:D (To me).

this was a fascinating subject the first fifty times it was discussed.

more interestingly, is he vegetarian?

Why of course not. You are talking about the guy who became a honourary Canadian citizen to club seals and who penned the song "Meat is awesome!".

that's outrageous.

let's have a poll.

this was a fascinating subject the first fifty times it was discussed.

more interestingly, is he vegetarian?

i think the subject started out being why there are homophobic comments here? not "so do you really think morrissey is gay?!" and the homophobia question is worth asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom