Interesting new member

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Looks like an interesting new member has joined us today...look here.

If this is what it is, at face value, then that blog would make for VERY interesting reading. Seems like part 2 is missing, though judging by the date, it should have been up, but part 1 is interesting enough. "Johnny had formed a physical attachment to our vocalist" Really? I'm assuming you all know who Dale Hibbert is.

Peter

If this is what it is, at face value, then that blog would make for VERY interesting reading. Seems like part 2 is missing, though judging by the date, it should have been up, but part 1 is interesting enough. "Johnny had formed a physical attachment to our vocalist" Really? I'm assuming you all know who Dale Hibbert is.

Peter

I don't know who Dale is..please inform.

Thanks

. "Johnny had formed a physical attachment to our vocalist" Really? I'm assuming you all know who Dale Hibbert is.
Peter

yeah but Dale is also the guy that claims Morrissey wanted maker in the band and that quote "it was Stevens idea. wer'e going to be a gay band" unquote
he's obviously a liar who's sore at the way things ended and how he got disrespected. Marr an emotional attatchment yes...physical...c'mon

I took that to mean Hibbert was saying Johnny had a physical thing for The Adorables' lead singer; he wasn't referring to Morrissey.

yeah but Dale is also the guy that claims Morrissey wanted maker in the band and that quote "it was Stevens idea. wer'e going to be a gay band" unquote
he's obviously a liar who's sore at the way things ended and how he got disrespected. Marr an emotional attatchment yes...physical...c'mon

I'm not saying I believe it all, I'm not saying I dont believe it all, I'm just pointing it out as an interesting item. It would be a boring and sorry board indeed if quotes/blogs/interviews from figures who played a part in the history of a great band weren't posted.

Peter

"We hate it when our friends become successful......you see..it should have been me...." Dale Hibbert

"I said I'd pick Stephen up from Stretford, I was coming from Whalley Range, so I passed his door anyway. I took him back home, Stephen riding pillion, and that was the way we travelled for the next couple of months."

What the hell does 'riding pillion' mean?

on the back of the motorbike.

In the US that's known as "riding bitch"

I too took the comment about Johnny to mean the singer of the other band. Of course, we do not know the gender of said singer. At least, I don't. Does anyone?

Last edited:
Dale - are you going to pitch in any further (ie your take, not your URL) on the "HIG Negative Sleeve" thread? That was a fantastic mini-history lesson for those of us who aren't part of the whole collectors' scene.

In the US that's known as "riding bitch"

I too took the comment about Johnny to mean the singer of the other band. Of course, we do not know the gender of said singer. At least, I don't. Does anyone?
No, but I was asking the same question to myself...:p

No, but I was asking the same question to myself...:p
Doesn't really matter what gender the singer was. Johnny has been with his wife since he was 14 so Dale is effectively claiming he was cheating on her. Whether it's true or not, it's a nasty thing to bring up.

That's if it is Dale. Could be one of the usual suspects making mischief again. Most probably is.

Hello

re HIG Negative Sleeve, although I'm not too clear on what this is, I can confirm the following:

The 1" master of the original demo was sold along with the cassette of "boy for birthday" . I think the guy was Dutch.

There was a DAT copy of both, which was never returned too me.

There will always be accusations of sour grapes, why I never made it..etc.

My response is this:

These people don't know me.
Their interpretation of success is likely to be different from mine.
I retired to Sydney 3 years ago aged 42.
I have a partner who I am overwhelmingly in love with, and children that I enjoy spending vast amounts of time with.

I am not famous, and don't wish to be.

My main reason for writing about my experiences are simply to document what happened.
I have told the same story to various authors, but they chose to cherry pick. (Their choice, their books)
To be fair to Simon, he was the most accurate.

I have always had slight consternation with the version of events that I was used purely to obtain a demo.

Back
Top Bottom