Coming to New York

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Me and my wonderful woman are planning a trip to NYC later this year. Can anyone suggest some places we should visit? I would like to go to the site of the former CBGBs, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Bloomingdales, Katz's Deli. Any Moz/Smiths landmarks worthy of a trip?

Peter

Me and my wonderful woman are planning a trip to NYC later this year. Can anyone suggest some places we should visit? I would like to go to the site of the former CBGBs, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Bloomingdales, Katz's Deli. Any Moz/Smiths landmarks worthy of a trip?

Peter

I don't know what kind of people you are, thus what kind of atmosphere you would like, but you may want to try Brooklyn to hang out for the bars (the reason why CBGB's closed is in part due to the 'scene' moving to Brooklyn when Manhattan became too expenisve). it's more laid back. I like certain areas near downtown brooklyn, Greenpoint/williamsburg.

in Manhattan i like the east village.

As far as smiths/moz landmarks, i don't really know of any. every sunday there is Moz night at Sway...some people like it, some people don't.

http://www.swaylounge.com/

what's special about katz's deli? i never been.

I don't know what kind of people you are, thus what kind of atmosphere you would like, but you may want to try Brooklyn to hang out for the bars (the reason why CBGB's closed is in part due to the 'scene' moving to Brooklyn when Manhattan became too expenisve). it's more laid back. I like certain areas near downtown brooklyn, Greenpoint/williamsburg.

in Manhattan i like the east village.

As far as smiths/moz landmarks, i don't really know of any. every sunday there is Moz night at Sway...some people like it, some people don't.

http://www.swaylounge.com/

what's special about katz's deli? i never been.

Well, both just turned 40, active, music fans.

Where was the Danceteria, the site of The Smiths' first US gig?

As for Katz's Deli, it's just somewhere I read about years ago and I've always wanted to go.

Peter

Well, both just turned 40, active, music fans.

Where was the Danceteria, the site of The Smiths' first US gig?

As for Katz's Deli, it's just somewhere I read about years ago and I've always wanted to go.

Peter

My mate says you can get a nice ice cream at ground zero.

That was in poor taste, I'm still half cut. Sorry.

there is a bar dedicated to Norwich City. This is true I've seen the photsos

Hello Delly is right around the corner from the Ed Sullivan Theater in Manhattan, and Letterman frequently visits there. I was in NY over my Thanksgiving break with my school choir (got to sing at Carnegie hall, which was very cool :cool: ) and stayed right in the heart of Manhattan. It was a great experience, and I hope yours is just as good!

Thanks for your help everyone - I bought the Lonely Planet guide today, and I'll be picking out spots to see. My wife wants to stay at the Algonquin, but I've heard it can be expensive.

Thanks again,

Peter

Are you coming for the Madison Square Garden gig. we need help filling the venue!!!

I went on my own about 9 years ago, I just walked around for a week and ended up in some crazy places, CBGB's was a let down, NYC is a cool place I alway mean to get back there but I never do. A met a woman from Middlesbrough in Nevada Smiths - it's a small world!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom