Friends with benefits?

C

Cemetry Gates

Have you ever just met someone either online or in person and they ONLY wanted to have a "friends with benefits" relationship?

Did you do it?

Are you THAT open, sexually speaking?

Ew! No. That is disgusting. How can you have sex with no love? I must be old fashioned...

Ew! No. That is disgusting. How can you have sex with no love? I must be old fashioned...

I am too.

I just think it's very, very "scary" if someone asks you to be one for them AND they know very well you're NOT that "type" of person.

Yes I have in real life and yes I did. It was when i'd first moved to London and it suited both of us well for a few months. It was several years ago though. I mean, I'm not saying it's the right way to be but I was happy with it and so was he, and as long as I can look at muyself in the mirror in the morning, that is what concerns me.

I did, yes. A girl I knew as a friend from secondary school got in contact with me by email, and we started exchanging pleasantries. She eventually made obvious overtures to it, until we started actually openly discussing it with each other. I wanted to, but didn't.

Wow,
That's some serious, emotional feelings spread upon here. I love it.
I commend you for being open like that (not speaking sexually) but, just admitting the truth.
I could never do that yet, I was asked 1 time. Interestingly, it was when I was in a LOW period feeling negative about myself. Funny huh? Maybe I should go back to the self-deprecating thing. I might attract more men that way! lol

Like I say< I'm not ashamed, it's a part of me and it always will be. But thank you for the complimant.

Have you ever just met someone either online or in person and they ONLY wanted to have a "friends with benefits" relationship?

Did you do it?

Are you THAT open, sexually speaking?

Been lurking round the forums for months but never posted, mainly cause I have nothing new to offer. Er, don't know why I chose this thread to de-lurk but there you are.

Yes, I met someone and inadvertently started a "friends with benefits" relationship. It seemed like a great idea at the time but things have grown complex since he's become one of my best friends which now pretty much means I love him. But I'm also pretty sure he doesn't want love, just benefits and a decent friendship. Which has led to me listening to loads of Morrissey's music and crying my eyes out because I will remain unloved by the person I love :(

I don't think these things are as easy as we convince ourselves they will be.

Been lurking round the forums for months but never posted, mainly cause I have nothing new to offer. Er, don't know why I chose this thread to de-lurk but there you are.

Yes, I met someone and inadvertently started a "friends with benefits" relationship. It seemed like a great idea at the time but things have grown complex since he's become one of my best friends which now pretty much means I love him. But I'm also pretty sure he doesn't want love, just benefits and a decent friendship. Which has led to me listening to loads of Morrissey's music and crying my eyes out because I will remain unloved by the person I love :(

Welcome, you hypocrite ;) .

Yeah I don't think I ever could do that. I'm already in love w/ someone who doesn't love me so I don't think I really need a relationship that would leave me even more vulnerable than I already am. (I'm availible ladies! My mum says I'm quite a catch! :D )

Welcome De_Lurker then. :)

I still give credit for people that are "that" open.

I know I will never be.

Which has led to me listening to loads of Morrissey's music and crying my eyes out because I will remain unloved by the person I love :(

I've done this many, many, many nights.
It all ends the same. I'm left "Unloveable".

yes, i've done this kind of thing, but it wasn't really "friendship", just sex... almost as a form recreation.

dunno if i could shag a friend, though. well, i suppose i would and then deal with the consequences afterwards, but i reckon it'd be bound to get very complicated.

I done this once, I got a bit uncomfortable with it so ended the 'benefits' part of the friendship. Funnily enough our friendship broke down quite soon after!

yes, i've done this kind of thing, but it wasn't really "friendship", just sex... almost as a form recreation.

dunno if i could shag a friend, though. well, i suppose i would and then deal with the consequences afterwards, but i reckon it'd be bound to get very complicated.
I make a personal rule, if you meet someone and there's a spark, go with it, if you're friends with someone and then you think 'maybe we can just have a one night stand' NEVER, EVER, EVER DO IT!!!! Oh God, I once lost a very good friend that way things were just never the same, I couldn't forgive him because he f***ed up

Ha.
Just last night a man texted me friendly wanting to talk.
Little did I know he wanted me to "own and collar him".
I was like, what the heck? I didn't know what he meant. I'm very, very naive about such things.
He then called me & proceeded to tell me what he wanted done.
Too bad he knows how I look and only wants to use me for that acknowledgement.

Now, I'm NOT THAT cheap....

I've resigned that the "right one won't slip in" so that's why I've resigned from love at all.

I make a personal rule, if you meet someone and there's a spark, go with it, if you're friends with someone and then you think 'maybe we can just have a one night stand' NEVER, EVER, EVER DO IT!!!! Oh God, I once lost a very good friend that way things were just never the same, I couldn't forgive him because he f***ed up

oh shit....so a shag out of the question??????:p

only joking mate (and sorry HIM)

Back
Top Bottom