Morrissey NOT doing Eurovision

Springheeledjim84

..they say 'ee's mental..
Forgive me friends if this has already been posted, but this is excellent news!!

The BBC will reveal the finalists that will compete in the fourth annual Making Your Mind Up national final on February 28th. esctoday.com can reveal that Morrissey will NOT be featured either as a singer or a songwriter. The full list of participants will be revealed on Wednesday 28th February.

http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/7739

JIM

I like how the BBC try to blame the press for hyping the Morrissey story up when it was them who released the story in the first place and had it splashed all over their website. :rolleyes:

'morrissey not doing eurovision' oh surprise, surprise :rolleyes:

Ahhhhhh I Don't Care Ahhhhhhhhh Eurovision I'm So Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Five small sub-festivals to decide those who play in the national one plus one extra chance. The the big one. That's 8 in 1.

Forgive me friends if this has already been posted, but this is excellent news!!

I Know,I know :) and I agree.

So, since our Moz is not doing it...how about Jarvis next year?? didn´t he say he wanted to? ;) :D

The BBC will reveal the finalists that will compete in the fourth annual Making Your Mind Up national final on February 28th. esctoday.com can reveal that Morrissey will NOT be featured either as a singer or a songwriter. The full list of participants will be revealed on Wednesday 28th February.

http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/7739

JIM

Excellent indeed. But also very, very old news.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.../233/233562_euromozzer_is_he_only_joking.html

To be honest the American Tour made it seem very unlikely it was going to happen

I'm astonished anyone ever seriously thought there was even a 1% chance of it happening...

did anyone actually seriously believe that he would???

There was an article in The Independent on this today which ended with this:

"He will now definitely not be taking part," the Beeb's Eurovision spokeswoman told Pandora yesterday, confirming rumours. "We were in discussions with him and other artists, and he had been genuinely interested, but the timing wasn't right."

Timing? An alternative theory doing the rounds is that the singer was unimpressed to learn that he would have to participate in a BBC1 talent contest for Eurovision wannabes in order to secure the British nomination. "Morrissey would have been one of five or six acts on our show Making Your Mind Up, with the winner chosen by a public vote," she admits.

So, did this put him off? "Erm... potentially."
(http://news.independent.co.uk/people/pandora/article2293456.ece)

Really wasn't going to work out was it?! Shame...

Holy Moly Puts its take onthe Moz Euro thingy

"Bass! How Low Can We Go?

Sad to hear that Morrissey has now decided that he will not be involved with Eurovision, perhaps a wise move as we can reveal the heavyweight quality of the competition.

Would the former Smiths frontman have stood a chance against the talent lagoon that is Kemal from 'Big Brother 6' (the one who looked like Leo Sayer crossed with Brundlefly)?

Perhaps Morrissey's knees started knocking with the announcement that 'Bombhead' from 'Hollyoaks' had thrown his baseball hat into the ring? No, the award-winning singer realised that his past work paled into insignificance when faced with the body of quality entertainment under the expansive belt of Michelle Bass from 'Big Brother 5' (a woman famous for her cold, dead shark eyes, determined pursuit of a bewildered posh virgin child and a boob job which resembles two oranges submerged in a very unappealing and fleshy trifle).

Get back to your millions of adoring fans in America, you loser, and let us do Eurovision as only we can. With Jemini and "nul points"."

Re: Holy Moly Puts its take onthe Moz Euro thingy

Can`t say I blame him.He would have had go through the "qualifing" rounds with other "groups" and I guess put to the vote.How humiliating.Moz is above all that.And I`m fed up with the general reaction to Morrissey being that he`sa " morose warbler" and "the pope of mope" etc etc.People don`t realise how funny his lyrics are.Most people are too thick to get where he`s coming from.I mean how many people in the charts can sing a beautifully composed song both lyrically and musically and get the line "just to moon yer" in it.My feeling is he may have scored nil point and well it doesn`t bear thinking about.Besides Terry Wogan may not be doing it this year and they might get Richard "I`m an orange prick who married my mother" Madeley to do it and he doesn`t like our Moz.

Re: Holy Moly Puts its take onthe Moz Euro thingy

According to my auntie, who saw the report on moz not doing it, the reason he gave was that he 'doesn't have a tie to wear'... and she thought he was serious!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom