Who is Morrissey's most unlikely celebrity fan?

Maurice E

We all know about the obvious ones (stand up comedians, indie bands etc) but who are the ones you’re most surprised to hear about?
I’d have to vote for violin-playing, classical music, uber-babe, Vanessa Mae! Or possibly unreconstructed, be-mulleted, Status Quo legend, Rick Parfitt (who recently admitted a fondness for First of the Gang).
They would be closely followed by the lead singer of Europe; yes, he of ‘The Final Countdown’ fame!:)
Maurice

What about David Cameron? He obviously forgot all about Margaret on the guillotine. Keep them coming.

We all know about the obvious ones (stand up comedians, indie bands etc) but who are the ones you’re most surprised to hear about?
I’d have to vote for violin-playing, classical music, uber-babe, Vanessa Mae! Or possibly unreconstructed, be-mulleted, Status Quo legend, Rick Parfitt (who recently admitted a fondness for First of the Gang).
They would be closely followed by the lead singer of Europe; yes, he of ‘The Final Countdown’ fame!:)
Maurice

David Cameron. (It hurts to actually type that name).

But please tell me off saying he's not actually a celebrity.

i was quite surprised to hear that andre 3000 of outkasts most favorite song is "William It Was Really Nothing"....
interesting......

i was quite surprised to hear that andre 3000 of outkasts most favorite song is "William It Was Really Nothing"....
interesting......

:eek: I'm shocked! :eek: That is something very new to me. Very cool though, the people you think wouldn't even give an ear to it, they really do.

Last edited:
Sly Stallone turned up at the Costa Mesa gig in 1991. THAT was surprising to me.

interesting......

:eek: I'm stunned. I did not know that. Who'd a thunk it, eh?

what's his name...Fred Durst I believe. forgot what band he is in. i was surprised because he seemed like a jocky, frat boy tyype. his fans would kick your ass and call you a 'f*****' if you said you liked morrissey or the smiths (ok, actually you would have to play them a song because they wouldn't know who morrissey or the smiths are).

Andre 3K talked quite a bit about Moz. He said some girl in Atlanta gave him a tape of songs. He said of Last Night I Dreamt... (paraphrasing here) "It's this song about dreaming in you're in love and you wake up and youre like damn, it was just a dream.... I wish I wrote that."

He also talked about how he wanted to learn more about how to play instruments and take acting classes.

I think he is much better than his counterpart Big Boi and while I can't say he's got a stack of songs I like, he's got a few.

Definately Cameron (ouch) - I always wondered whether he claimed The Queen Is Dead as his favourite album because it really was, or to appear edgy/indie/cool.

(Also, the interview where he cited The Queen Is Dead as his favourite album is hilarious. He said something along the lines of "Obviously, I don't agree with the sentiment of the title".)

didnt jade goody quote some of the lyrics from nf disco , bengali in platforms and asian rut recently on bb

Andre 3K talked quite a bit about Moz. He said some girl in Atlanta gave him a tape of songs. He said of Last Night I Dreamt... (paraphrasing here) "It's this song about dreaming in you're in love and you wake up and youre like damn, it was just a dream.... I wish I wrote that."

He also talked about how he wanted to learn more about how to play instruments and take acting classes.

I think he is much better than his counterpart Big Boi and while I can't say he's got a stack of songs I like, he's got a few.

He's also a vegan I believe, so something else in common with Morrissey.

what's his name...Fred Durst I believe. forgot what band he is in. i was surprised because he seemed like a jocky, frat boy tyype. his fans would kick your ass and call you a 'f*****' if you said you liked morrissey or the smiths (ok, actually you would have to play them a song because they wouldn't know who morrissey or the smiths are).

Limp Biscuit lol great band and Fred Durst is a REALLY nice guy when you meet him

Err it has to be Call Me Dave 'My Lies Make The Baby Jesus Cry' Cameron?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom