Interview with Visconti

Thanks! That was interesting.... I guess the 7 year relationship Visconti won't talk about is Kristeen Young? A lot of people seem to swear she's his girlfriend, and just as many swear she isn't. I've been listening to her quite a bit lately, and I know she's not everyone's cup of tea but it's a shame so few people have heard of her b/c I think she's great.

And, I'm excited to see that he assumes he's producing Morrissey's next album! To be honest I'm really just excited to see another reference to a new Morrissey album in the (I hope) near future!

The story about Lennon calling Mccartney a f***** c*** is one of the best I've read in a while.

Could be an essential purchase!

The story about Lennon calling Mccartney a f***** c*** is one of the best I've read in a while.

Could be an essential purchase!

I agree, that was hilarious. I usually avoid these books but this one could be a must-buy.

Loved the line about Morrissey preferring writing to sex. Tony might be absolutely right, but he still sounds exactly like someone who knows what to say and what not to say. You can always tell those who are still in Morrissey's good graces and want to remain there from those who have been cast out of Eden forever. Still, in the end, I suspect Tony is correct.

I agree, that was hilarious. I usually avoid these books but this one could be a must-buy.

Loved the line about Morrissey preferring writing to sex. Tony might be absolutely right, but he still sounds exactly like someone who knows what to say and what not to say. You can always tell those who are still in Morrissey's good graces and want to remain there from those who have been cast out of Eden forever. Still, in the end, I suspect Tony is correct.
I'm not sure what you mean. I don't remember that anyone who is not in Morrissey's good graces anymore has ever shared any "filthy gossip" about Morrissey. (I don't know what 'filthy gossip', according to this journalist, would be, anyway, but nevermind. ) Can you remind me?

BTW, Tony Visconti's words are very reminiscent of what Morrissey's schoolmates said about him in "Severed Alliance".

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't remember that anyone who is not in Morrissey's good graces anymore has ever shared any "filthy gossip" about Morrissey. (I don't know what 'filthy gossip', according to this journalist, would be, anyway, but nevermind. ) Can you remind me?

BTW, Tony Visconti's words are very reminiscent of what Morrissey's schoolmates said about him in "Severed Alliance".

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't remember saying that former colleagues had shared "filthy gossip" about Morrissey. Can you remind me?

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't remember saying that former colleagues had shared "filthy gossip" about Morrissey. Can you remind me?
Well, then I don't know what you meant by "... but he still sounds exactly like someone who knows what to say and what not to say. You can always tell those who are still in Morrissey's good graces and want to remain there from those who have been cast out of Eden forever. " How can you tell?

Well, then I don't know what you meant by "... but he still sounds exactly like someone who knows what to say and what not to say. You can always tell those who are still in Morrissey's good graces and want to remain there from those who have been cast out of Eden forever. " How can you tell?

I think he means that TV is giving an answer to that question which Morrissey would approve of. But he also thinks that TV is telling the truth, anyway.

Ps. Thanks for posting Danny!

I think he means that TV is giving an answer to that question which Morrissey would approve of. But he also thinks that TV is telling the truth, anyway.
But that would mean by implication that people who aren't in good graces anymore have been telling different things - things that Morrissey presumably would not approve of....such as?

But that would mean by implication that people who aren't in good graces anymore have been telling different things - things that Morrissey presumably would not approve of....such as?

The truth perhaps? :D When I said "approved" I meant that Morrissey would not be happy if TV had said that M was out shagging every night of the week, whether it were true or not. Presumably. I think there has been a few times when people who were dropped by Morrissey said unflattering things about him, but they were not necessarily about his love life.

The truth perhaps? :D When I said "approved" I meant that Morrissey would not be happy if TV had said that M was out shagging every night of the week, whether it were true or not. Presumably. I think there has been a few times when people who were dropped by Morrissey said unflattering things about him, but they were not necessarily about his love life.
Well, Worm said that Visconti was telling the truth, so I suppose those other people would have to be telling lies... :)

Visconti just said that Morrissey seems interested in his music rather than sex (which is, of course, Visconti's opinion) and that, to his knowledge, Morrissey hasn't been involved with anyone. That's not really that different from what anyone else says. It's not that different from what Mike Joyce said when some silly journo asked him similar questions a couple of years ago. As for unflattering things former colleagues have said, I remember Gail Colson saying that Morrissey was letting his mother run everything, and a few people said that he didn't have the guts to sack people in person so he used other people to do his dirty work. But, surprise, surprise, nobody has had a big 'Morrissey's secret sex life!' story to announce.

I don't think Visconti, at the age of 62 and with a glittering career behind him, feels the need to kiss anyone's arse, let alone lie for them.

Well, Worm said that Visconti was telling the truth, so I suppose those other people would have to be telling lies... :)

What other people?? By the way, I was interpreting the opinion of another, therefore you cannot make any objections about the opinion to me, unless of course, my interpretation was wrong. In which case I apologise - but to Worm only.

Visconti just said that Morrissey seems interested in his music rather than sex (which is, of course, Visconti's opinion) and that, to his knowledge, Morrissey hasn't been involved with anyone. That's not really that different from what anyone else says. It's not that different from what Mike Joyce said when some silly journo asked him similar questions a couple of years ago. As for unflattering things former colleagues have said, I remember Gail Colson saying that Morrissey was letting his mother run everything, and a few people said that he didn't have the guts to sack people in person so he used other people to do his dirty work. But, surprise, surprise, nobody has had a big 'Morrissey's secret sex life!' story to announce.

How on earth did I inspire all this? When I mentioned other people saying unflattering things about him, I only did so to illustrate their deviation away from their previous loyalty to dear old Mozzer. There's no need to become vexatious!

The word is 'loyalty', my dear fellow.

The suggestion was that Visconti was saying certain things in order to keep in Morrissey's favour and if he was no longer in favour he would say something else. I just don't think he needs to do that.

This is the line that is given whenever anyone says anything vaguely complimentary or supports Morrissey's statements about his life. That somehow Morrissey has a stranglehold on each person and manages to police what they say to the press.

Yet even those who are no longer on his favour don't seem to have anything different to tell us. Are they still just being loyal?

It's really just a conspiracy theory. Almost like Morrissey is a mafia boss. :)

The suggestion was that Visconti was saying certain things in order to keep in Morrissey's favour and if he was no longer in favour he would say something else. I just don't think he needs to do that.

This is the line that is given whenever anyone says anything vaguely complimentary or supports Morrissey's statements about his life. That somehow Morrissey has a stranglehold on each person and manages to police what they say to the press.

Yet even those who are no longer on his favour don't seem to have anything different to tell us. Are they still just being loyal?

It's really just a conspiracy theory. Almost like Morrissey is a mafia boss. :)

Loyalty does not automatically disappear for some people when they've been treated badly. For others, their loyalty will disappear as soon as they've been betrayed or hurt. You can find evidence of this from people who have been dropped by morrissey - some, like you said, say nothing bad about him. Others are bitter. What is important here is their reaction - not whether what they say is true or not.

I know that you believe that Tony doesn't need to suck up to Morrissey. That may be true, however, do you think Morrissey would be happy if Tony had said "Well, actually, I was rather surprised to learn that Moz has a fondness for S&M..."? if such a statement were true?

Back
Top Bottom