HEAVEN KNOWS i'M MISERABLE WHITE LABEL DIFFERENT VERSION!!

bluecityboy1969

I recently acquired a white label pressing of heaven knows and it has a different version of the song. Morrissey sings an extra bit at the end and the drums are different. I can't find any info on this anywhere so was wondering if anyone on here might have some info on this. I have timed it and it has about an extra 15 seconds compared to all other versions I have (I have lots of them). Any help is appreciated

cheers
Bluecityboy1969

I recently acquired a white label pressing of heaven knows and it has a different version of the song. Morrissey sings an extra bit at the end and the drums are different. I can't find any info on this anywhere so was wondering if anyone on here might have some info on this. I have timed it and it has about an extra 15 seconds compared to all other versions I have (I have lots of them). Any help is appreciated

I think that I speak for the group in saying that we'll need to hear the full track (in at least 320kbps MP3, natch) before we can comment on it. :)

I'm afraid I don't have the facilities to do that. I can't record from vinyl. Trust me it's different. I was just wondering if anyone has any info on what it might be. A mate said it gets a mention in peepholism as an acetate but this is not an acetate. It is a test pressing with suffer little children on the b side

Is it a UK test pressing? I couldn't find any info about this different version up on passions.
"UK: White label copies of the 7" format were produced for promotion of this single. A two-sided press release was sent along with the record. It had the single's artwork printed on one side and release and tour date information on the other. The press release was also distributed with stock copies of the 7". Postcards were included with some copies of the white label 7"s. "

I also mailed passions about it. If someone has the jo slee book apparently it's mentioned in there. If you could let me know what she writes

I have the Jo Slee book and all it says is the original acetates include one extra chorus.

Nice to see you are still around bluecityboy, bought some stuff from you on ebay before. It's a shame you haven't got the ability to rip the song from vinyl. I'm in the Manchester area if you ever want to though.

- Turntable needed with an audio out.
- Soundcard with an audio in.
- Simple recording software from soundcard device.

Hi there
The extra bit is 'in my life, why I do give valuable time to people who don't care if I live or die'. This is at the very end and makes the running time 3.46 I think compared to around 3.30 for the version I have elsewhere.

I'm afraid I don't have the facilities to do that. I can't record from vinyl. Trust me it's different...If you are in manchester you can come round and listen to it

CALLING ALL MANCUNIANS! It is your civic duty to take bluecityboy1969 at his word by going to his place, ripping the audio, and posting it for all to share before he sells it on eBay for $1000 :)

cheers
Bluecityboy1969
You know, my birthday's coming up.. :p

Last edited:
31 March 1984 - Earsay (UK)
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Hand In Glove (Sandie Shaw)
"Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" is a short film set to an early mix of the yet unreleased song. It has footage of the band on the studio stage, mixed with scenes of Morrissey in an urban landscape, bush in the back pocket. Sandie's performance is lipsynched, on stage. This also features an interview of Morrissey and Sandie Shaw about their collaboration, and a clip of Sandie on "Ready Steady Go

I think its this version. Apologies to passions as I just stole the text from his site. Any offers for this lovely vinyl? also another kind person pointed out
' If my predictions are correct your white label should state on the A-side as being RT156-A1U etc. All other standard versions say RT156-A2U etc. Real trainspotting stuff I know!!!!'

it does have RT 156 A1U-1-1-1

i think this is a complete one off

bluecityboy1969: make sure your record player has a headphone socket.

go to your local electrical store and get one of these (wire with headphone jack at each end).

plug one into the record player's headphone slot, the other into the microphone slot on your hardrive.

Play the vinyl and record onto your PC with a program like Audacity

:D

Back
Top Bottom