Piano tabs/notes?

vAndreav

on the flesh rampage
Does anyone know where I can find piano notes or tabs for morrissey/smiths songs?

REQ: There Is A Light... Piano

Hey

I'm trying to find piano sheet music (preferably just the chords) of There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.

I've looked all over the web but can't find anything, could someone kindly point me in the right direction?

but it you just want the chords can't you use the guitar chords? they must be easy to find. don't know if there are any piano sheets for it. there is for Asleep though, it's tricky (well for me anyway) but lovely to play.

Last edited:
wow i forgot about this.

yeah i think i tried playing guitar tabs on the piano for everyday is like sunday...didnt work out too well...but i know that its possible to use guitar tabs for the piano, ive done it before, it works better for some songs than it does others.

i'll try Asleep though...in fact ill go try that now just cuz i feel like it:)

As far as I know guitar chords are different to piano chords? But I'm not expert lol
well, different... a c is always a c and so on :) but of course you don't play the same way, you may have to lose some chords and add some.
some songs just don't work on piano I think. and some of the chords you find online are wrong so you have to improvise a little.. but it's good to have some chords to start with.

yes do try asleep, and tell us what you thought! I think the time is difficult and I miss some chords on those sheets that I hear on the cd so I ad lib rather freely :)

guitar's a C instrument, but notated an octave higher than it sounds.

there is a light:

capo at IV (chords sound 2 whole tones higher than written)

Am Am F F F G G

verses ("take me out...tonight...")
Am G Am G
F(2) F9 C G
Am G Am G
F(2) F9 C G

"and if a double decker bus..."
C Am7 (sometimes i replace this with C - G9 Am7)
"crashes into us..."
G F

F: 133211
G: 320003
Am: x02210
F(2): x3321x
F9: x3301x
C: x32010
G9: x2001x

asleep is a lot of those F to C chords above with an E7 in there at the end. There's a .crd file on the web if you google...

edit: I just fixed this now that I have a guitar with me and can play it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom