The Top Ten Threads on this site - 2006

The Goat

Banned
OK Chart Pickers, here is this years Top Ten Threads to this site this year.

1. Morrissey - when are you playing America this year? Posted by all American fans.
2. f***ing hell Morrissey, is that it, Chicago? Chicago? Nowhere else? Posted by all American fans except those living in or around Chicago.
3. Who is Julia? Posted by new fans, or probably those bored and decide to inject a bit of life into the message board.
4. SETLIST PLEASE. Come on the gig finished 3 minutes ago and no one has put the setlist up yet. Posted by an impatient fan everytime Morrissey performs.
5. This is the last time I shall be on this site. Goodbye. Posted by Reggie Pepper every few weeks.
6. Who is Julia? See number 3.
7. What time do the tickets go on sale? Will they sell out? Should I buy pre sale or wait until Friday? Posted by every frustrated fan in the UK a few days before the day of sale
8. A question about Morrissey's sexuality. Usually posted by some homophobic individual.
9. Tout bastard! Look at this on ebay? Posted by irate fan who failed to get tickets for the gig they wanted to see.
10. Who is Julia? (see number 6)

Here's to 2007's postings......... keep 'em coming!

The Goat

Why Morrissey is not as good as he used to be and if he doesn't wise up his career is finished.

Posted every month for the last twenty years (or would have been if this site existed).

I wish he'd reform the Smiths seems to have been a popular post this year as well.

Also missed off:
"What does he say right at the beginning of First of the gang? Something like "Dadadah... Los Angeles dadada... hot!" or every other thread that could easily be replaced by a quick search on the net. I might start a thread entitled "What is this google-thing everybody´s talking about?"

You also forgot "Top 10 Moz songs you sing on your way to the toilet". These threads usually evolve into "Top 10 Moz songs and top 10 Smiths songs you sing on your way to the toilet". Five minutes later someone comes up with "Top 10 Moz songs you would never sing on your way to the toilet" and that, very unpredictably, evolves into "Top 10 Moz and Smiths songs you would never sing on your way to the toilet".

I'm also quite fond of those "East West appreciation thread" and 5 minutes later "East West deappreciation thread" :D They're always such fun!

this thread is spot on and might just qualify for next year's top 10 threads.

Surprisingly no mention of "YATQ is better than ROTT" threads.
Almost every week we have one, in fact two in this week.:p

Yeah, and your thread about Jim Davidson was rivetting stuff.
You might try keeping me out of your cheapskate comedy act in future.

Jim Davidson is NEVER riveting. I was genuinly appalled.

And be fair. there have been a shed load of posts from your good self about why you have been banned.

My comedy act maybe cheapskate, but you know in this day and age humour is expensive.

Happy Xmas!

Jim Davidson is NEVER riveting. I was genuinly appalled.

And be fair. there have been a shed load of posts from your good self about why you have been banned.

My comedy act maybe cheapskate, but you know in this day and age humour is expensive.

Happy Xmas!

"To be fair", initially, there was one post made by me, which asked the moderators to explain why my username had been blocked, effectively banning me from posting on the site.
Other people made comments and a discussion took place. All discussion relating to this was confined to one thread.

I have never spoken to you, and I resent your overfamiliarity in using my real name, which you coupled with a previous username in a manner only used by those who wish me harm. I'll draw my own conclusions as to why you chose to refer to me in that way

You may enjoy people pissing down your back, then telling you it's raining.

I don't.

btw All I want for christmas is to hear that Thierry Henry has signed for Barcelona.

OK Chart Pickers, here is this years Top Ten Threads to this site this year.

1. Morrissey - when are you playing America this year? Posted by all American fans.
2. f***ing hell Morrissey, is that it, Chicago? Chicago? Nowhere else? Posted by all American fans except those living in or around Chicago.
3. Who is Julia? Posted by new fans, or probably those bored and decide to inject a bit of life into the message board.
4. SETLIST PLEASE. Come on the gig finished 3 minutes ago and no one has put the setlist up yet. Posted by an impatient fan everytime Morrissey performs.
5. This is the last time I shall be on this site. Goodbye. Posted by Reggie Pepper every few weeks.
6. Who is Julia? See number 3.
7. What time do the tickets go on sale? Will they sell out? Should I buy pre sale or wait until Friday? Posted by every frustrated fan in the UK a few days before the day of sale
8. A question about Morrissey's sexuality. Usually posted by some homophobic individual.
9. Tout bastard! Look at this on ebay? Posted by irate fan who failed to get tickets for the gig they wanted to see.
10. Who is Julia? (see number 6)

Here's to 2007's postings......... keep 'em coming!

The Goat
*:D* .

Back
Top Bottom