The Culture Show tonight?

Is anybody planning to record the Culture Show tonight for the benefit of those of us who aren't in the UK? Please please please??? Or at least watch and report back here in detail? :)

(I'm referring of course to the interview with Morrissey that's supposedly on this show tonight, according to the main page).

God i havnt used a video for years , :confused:

I will b watchin 100% , hopefully some1 has a DVD recorder ????

I will try 4 u anyway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Is anybody planning to record the Culture Show tonight for the benefit of those of us who aren't in the UK? Please please please??? Or at least watch and report back here in detail? :)

(I'm referring of course to the interview with Morrissey that's supposedly on this show tonight, according to the main page).

I too would much appreciate a recording! :)

Oh, didn't know there would be an interview.

Oh, didn't know there would be an interview.

Well, the item doesn't specifically use the word interview but it sounds like one. This is what it says on the main page:

"Robins traveled to Newcastle with a BBC film crew on Monday the 4th of December - the day of Morrissey's concert in that city, and the release date of the new single "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy."

During his visit to Newcastle, Robins spoke with Morrissey, and urged people to vote for Morrissey in the Living Icons poll.

Footage from the day's filming will be broadcast on The Culture Show on Saturday the 9th of December on BBC Two at 7:30 p.m."

RRRRROCK ON!!!!!

Mozzer's man got 2382 people to vote for Moz, beating the other 2 dickheads BY FAR!!!

He made a huge effort to get votes, by putting a huge sign across that big bridge in Notts, making people q-ing for the gig to text, attending the gig with a huge sign. Top man!!!

Was a short interview with the King. He said he'd be truely dazzled if he won, and seemed genuinely touched that he's in the top 3.

C'MON PEOPLE, GET VOTING :D

Yes! My 50 votes a day sure helped! ;)

Moz is winning! :D

Well, sort of. They counted the votes for the 24hr period after the Newcastle gig, and this is what they got:

David Attenborough : 798
Paul McCartney : 1,163
Morrissey : 2,382

It bodes well, does it not?

Some points - Danny mentioned the story about Morrissey buying a house from Bill Oddie ("We shared the same toilet, maybe that's why he hates me!"), and Danny also let slip that he was so excited about meeting Morrissey that he let out an involuntary fart in his dressing room. There was some footage of the sound check, and we heard Suedehead, Boy Racer and IJWTSTBH. Zena Saro-Wiwa, proponent of Attenborough, said she wasn't surprised by the voting figures as Morrissey fans were "...real zealots.". I must say these figures run counter to what I heard earlier in the week from 'the horses mouth', but a pleasant surprise. I hope they are replicated for the whole voting period.

Best Wishes,

Peter

P.S

I'll have a story to tell you about all this next week!

Last edited:
I hope they don't look at the Ip-adress and Moz should def. win. If David and Paul are fans of Morrissey, c'mon then it makes Morrissey on the top.

whats text number guys ?

And remember you can text as well (standard rate)
so get texting from every phone you can

Whilst I have voted (once via email) I simply refuse to 'pay to vote' as it then becomes a simple fundraising exercise on behalf of the BBC and the competition becomes as worthless as Flop Idol / Strictly Cum Wanking and all the other shite phone / textathon crap shows currently gripping the minds of people with no minds throughout the country.
If the Beeb were truely serious about this, the voting should have been over a four hour period (maximum) on the night the final three were chosen, therefore not allowing internet sites to run mass campaigns from fans all over the world each voting 62 times (if not more!) and I dare say the same thing is happening on Muckartney sites too.
I bet viewing figures for the show is about 50,000 yet voting will be done by 275,000!
But hey, lets keep on voting chaps and help pay Johnny Woss' £16m salary over a four year period!

The Goat (in a pissed off mood and staying in tonight avoiding the reds....)

Last edited:
Zena Saro-Wiwa, proponent of Attenborough, said she wasn't surprised by the voting figures as Morrissey fans were "...real zealots."

Thought some of you might find the www.dictionary.com definition of the term "zealot" amusing and educational at the same time ;-)

zeal·ot
thinsp.png
/ˈzɛl
thinsp.png
ət/
Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[zel-uh
thinsp.png
t]
–noun
1.a person who shows zeal.
2.an excessively zealous person; fanatic.
3.(initial capital letter
thinsp.png
) a member of a radical, warlike, ardently patriotic group of Jews in Judea, particularly prominent from a.d. 69 to 81, advocating the violent overthrow of Roman rule and vigorously resisting the efforts of the Romans and their supporters to heathenize the Jews.

—Synonyms 2. extremist, crank, bigot. See fanatic.

"See FANATIC" - Morrissey fans, fanatical, never! LOL

I think that's enough culture for one evening ;-)

Back
Top Bottom