Moz' Reaction To Bill Oddie's remarks...

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
That's hilarious!

What exactly did Bill Oddie say and when/where/why did he say it?

i'm not sure why Moz felt the need to ramble on about it though...joking or otherwise?!

That's hilarious!

What exactly did Bill Oddie say and when/where/why did he say it?

On BBC2's The Culture Show on Saturday night. Bill Oddie was championing David Attenbrough as Britain's best Living Icon, and went on a tirade against our Moz who was being championed by Stuart Maconie.

On BBC2's The Culture Show on Saturday night. Bill Oddie was championing David Attenbrough as Britain's best Living Icon, and went on a tirade against our Moz who was being championed by Stuart Maconie.

Really? What sort of stuff did he say? Is there a clip of this anywhere?

Really? What sort of stuff did he say? Is there a clip of this anywhere?

I just looked on the Culture Show website (bbc.co.uk/cultureshow) and I can't find it I'm afraid (although you can still watch Jeremy Vine's championing of Moz).

He just came out with all usual ignorant rubbish - that Morrissey is 'depressing' (when will these people just shut up and listen to the music!?) etc.

In his championing of Attenbrough, however, he did say that he should win because he had dedicated his life to the natural world and therefore life itself. I found this hard to disagree with but of course my vote still went to Moz because he has influenced my life in ways non-fans couldn't imagine!

It's not on youtube I'm afraid. But Oddie's argument was basically that Morrissey was a narcissist who had never done anything for the world.

Personally I thought he took exception to the good looking photograph that was being used of Morrissey and it was a reaction to that. Bill Oddie is not a pretty man and never has been. :D

Well!
That was a bit uncomfortable and clearly very under rehearsed..quite like my spelling.
His hesitation is a sign of his physical weakness.
Oh and darling,don't worry about the Morrissey fans giving lock jaw commentary-it may have been too dark to read the severed alliance.
Have fun sleeping.
Brucie.x

It's not on youtube I'm afraid. But Oddie's argument was basically that Morrissey was a narcissist who had never done anything for the world.

Personally I thought he took exception to the good looking photograph that was being used of Morrissey and it was a reaction to that. Bill Oddie is not a pretty man and never has been. :D

No, he's a short, plump, irritating, strangely voiced, turd. It was undoubtedly jealousy, or repressed feelings of sexual love for Morrissey, which led him to his mad raving.

I love this clip.. "This short, brown creature..." :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOU1cIMiDmM&NR

Not too sure about the idiots in the background shouting "WE WANT BILL" though....

"Shut UP!" :p :p

It's a bit petty isn't it. Both of them are being really.

It's like when Morrissish kept banging on about Radio 1 not playing his records and how people should buy his single as a ringtone (or something) at his live shows (and yes I do speak from experience as I was at 2 seperate gigs when he did just that). It's a bit needy and a bit embarassing.

Show some integrity.

It's like when Morrissish kept banging on about Radio 1 not playing his records and how people should buy his single as a ringtone (or something) at his live shows (and yes I do speak from experience as I was at 2 seperate gigs when he did just that). It's a bit needy and a bit embarassing.

Show some integrity.

right but there are interviews form 84 where he's saying the exact (excapt for the ringtones) thing. He's always gone on about that, and if people slag him off he always replies (usually below the belt :p ). It's just something he does

Show some integrity.

If you really think anyone is going to believe you go to Morrissey gigs you are sadly deluded :D

If you really think anyone is going to believe you go to Morrissey gigs you are sadly deluded :D

Look Daniel, I don't understand why you keep having a pop at me but it's starting to wear a little thin now. What's your problem?

I'm not really arsed whether you or anyone else believes I've been to Morrissey gigs or not, but I don't like the implication that I'm lying so please, explain why you're consistently showing signs of hostility towards me?

In review I have attended the following Morrissey gigs -

Move festival - 10/11th (my memory fails me) June 2004 - Excellent performance, Preston from the Ordinary boys ended up stood next to me in the crowd, we had a chat, he's a very nice chap. Morrissey's set was superb, as I recall somebody shouted - "Where's Linder?" and he misheard and said "What? Ninja?". Which was funny.

The Lowry - Manchester - 18/04/2006 - Not a bad set, the inclusion of Reader meet auther was a welcome one, not quite a magical as I would have hoped but above average. Not sure why he bothered doing My life is an endless succession..... as it's a bit wank, but hey ho, he's paying the ground fees so he can do what he likes. He went on about Radio 1 not playing his song because they said he was too old (which is not true) as if it were an off the cuff spontaneous remark. That was mildly amusing.

The manchester apollo - Think it was May 2006 but can't be sure. The set was f***ing lazy and he made the same "spontaneous" comments. I watched, waiting for anything different from the Lowry show. Nothing came..... oh, except he swapped a couple of the good songs for Ganglord. It was around this point that I realised that 1 hour and 10 minutes was inexcusably short, particularly if you're going to do a lazy, self indulgent set. What a prick I thought, still, he's written some amazing songs in his time, just not that recently.

Any more questions? No?

http://www.foodservicerumors.com/FS%20Documents/Shut%20the%20f***%20up.bmp

Look Daniel, I don't understand why you keep having a pop at me but it's starting to wear a little thin now. What's your problem?

I'm not really arsed whether you or anyone else believes I've been to Morrissey gigs or not, but I don't like the implication that I'm lying so please, explain why you're consistently showing signs of hostility towards me?

In review I have attended the following Morrissey gigs -

Move festival - 10/11th (my memory fails me) June 2004 - Excellent performance, Preston from the Ordinary boys ended up stood next to me in the crowd, we had a chat, he's a very nice chap. Morrissey's set was superb, as I recall somebody shouted - "Where's Linder?" and he misheard and said "What? Ninja?". Which was funny.

The Lowry - Manchester - 18/04/2006 - Not a bad set, the inclusion of Reader meet auther was a welcome one, not quite a magical as I would have hoped but above average. Not sure why he bothered doing My life is an endless succession..... as it's a bit wank, but hey ho, he's paying the ground fees so he can do what he likes. He went on about Radio 1 not playing his song because they said he was too old (which is not true) as if it were an off the cuff spontaneous remark. That was mildly amusing.

The manchester apollo - Think it was May 2006 but can't be sure. The set was f***ing lazy and he made the same "spontaneous" comments. I watched, waiting for anything different from the Lowry show. Nothing came..... oh, except he swapped a couple of the good songs for Ganglord. It was around this point that I realised that 1 hour and 10 minutes was inexcusably short, particularly if you're going to do a lazy, self indulgent set. What a prick I thought, still, he's written some amazing songs in his time, just not that recently.

Any more questions? No?

http://www.foodservicerumors.com/FS%20Documents/Shut%20the%20f***%20up.bmp

Well done on your research :D

Incidentally, by a very odd series of events I've wound up with a (free) ticket to the Gmex gig on the 23/12/2006 (I wouldn't have paid £40 but for free, I'll happily have a pre-Christmas night out!).

Anybody fancy a meet up and a few pints?

There's some weirdness at play though- Oddie is a genuine Grumpy Old Shit- more dangerously, he's bitter. Whilst not directly envious of Morrissey, he harbours oceans of resentment- he's well known for feeling cheated that he wasn't part of the Monty Python team. Also, he's a huge Prince fan- as I am- so to say that being narcissistic precludes you from being an Icon doesn't really hold water.

Oops, have added to a thread that's gone elsewhere...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom