Poor Quality media spotting

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Beth Ditto of The Gossip in today's Guardian magazine...

312269808_baeb951384_o.jpg

Best Wishes,

Peter

So, who is this cool, goth Beth Ditto who should be dressed in black?:p Another NME Star of the Minute?

So, who is this cool, goth Beth Ditto who should be dressed in black?:p Another NME Star of the Minute?

Only heard one song to be honest. She was voted top of the Cool List in the NME, so your instincts are spot-on. Kind of reminds me of Fred Durst in his Hatful Of Hollow t-shirt.

OK, off to bed, al sithee.

Peter

The Gossip are a superb band - "Standing In The Way Of Control" is an amazing song, with a fresh message behind it. The album (of the same name) is well worth checking out!

who is she?

It's a new band, their name begins with 'the' and then only has two syllables. Thus I know they're crap without even hearing a song.

Ah, that's her! I read an interview with her in the i-D mag issue with Beyoncé on the cover and I thought she seemed so funny and reflective in her answers.
So she's a Moz fan? I'm going to check up their music now!

It's a new band, their name begins with 'the' and then only has two syllables. Thus I know they're crap without even hearing a song.

I don't know much about the band, but judging them on the name seems pretty harsh. If we're talking about bands with shit names...The. Smiths. :D

Yes, but the Smiths are not new, which is an important part of the theory :p

Band names are a very important because if they can't be arsed to come up with a decent name why should i be arsed to listen to them?

Yes, but the Smiths are not new, which is an important part of the theory :p

Band names are a very important because if they can't be arsed to come up with a decent name why should i be arsed to listen to them?

Well, new or old, the Smiths is a pretty poor name - redeemed only by Moz' explanation behind it ("The Smiths is a very ordinary name, because I think it's time the ordinary people of the world spoke up") :) . And err.. bad band names..Orchestral Manoeuvres In the Dark, Duran Duran, Wham!, and Kajagoogoo make me cringe :p

The Smiths is a genius name. Perfectly summing up the band's aesthetic.

I don't understand this bugbear some people have with bands starting with "The". What's the problem with it?

Regardless of whether The Gossip is a shit name or not I think she has a fantastic voice, love the song and I am now intrigued to know more about her and whether she's actually got anything interesting to say.

Back
Top Bottom