The Long Blondes

Springheeledjim84

..they say 'ee's mental..
Any thoughts on the wonderfully glamarous and exciting bastardisation of 60s girl group glam and opulent filth of the 70s channeled into this exciting band??

JIM

I've been listening to them a fair bit & the radio over here has just started playing them. I really like the vocals...some of the lyrics are a bit trite & some songs seem to segue off way too long, perhaps some editing would have made them better. eg I think 'weekend without makeup' would have been a much better song if it was shorter. But yep, I'd glady listen to them.

All their songs sound like a really average Pulp B-side. A career practically built on "You're Not Blind"s. It really has all been done before, and better. And not even in this decade. At best they're a Menswear tribute band fronted by a third-rate PJ Harvey.

All their songs sound like a really average Pulp B-side. A career practically built on "You're Not Blind"s. It really has all been done before, and better. And not even in this decade. At best they're a Menswear tribute band fronted by a third-rate PJ Harvey.

OOOOOH What a Romantic thought.....Just imagine the possibilities...

JIM

HA HA.... They remind me of that band Sophie Ellis Bextor used to front. The Audience.

But I prefer your description!

Back
Top Bottom