James rough trade rarities?

soundofthenorth

I'm Not Sorry
does anyone have a link to any of the rare rough trade deleted singles? or could upload them.
im mainly looking for (but i dont think i have any rough trade rarities except the albums, oh and poor tape of Village Fire e.p)
:D thank you if you can help

Chain Mail single or album ,Studio)
Sit Down (original, found it uncut.) http://www.psyclops.com/james/
come home (original)

Last edited:
Here are the rarities for those interested:

james singles 1 - Village Fire EP, Chain Mail (7'' release with two songs, and I added 'Uprising' as there was a 12'' issue of Chain Mail which included that song) and Come Home (Rough Trade '89).

james singles 2 - So Many Ways (1986), What For (1988) and Ya Ho (1988).

And a small note - only Come Home was on Rough Trade (other than Sit Down), others were released on Factory and Sire. :D

Last edited:
Here it is:
James - One Man Clapping (1989)

Enjoy :)

EDIT: sendspace link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/uke1qc

INFO:

One Man Clapping was the third album from English band James, a live album released in March 1989. The album was recorded at the Moles Club, Bath, UK on the 14th and 15th November 1988. The album was issued on their own One Man imprint of Rough Trade Records, after parting company with Blanco y Negro/Sire. To fund the album, the band had to borrow £12,000 from the Royal Bank of Scotland. Initially, the bank manager was not willing to lend the band the money, but after seeing them live in Manchester he agreed.

Because the album was self-funded, only 10,000 CD copies were produced; this has made the album highly sought after by collectors. Copies have been known to trade hands on eBay for in excess of £100.

Last edited:
Thank you so very much for posting these!!! James is one of my all time favourite bands. One Man Clapping is SO hard to find...

Would you happen to have any additional b-sides that weren't collected on the Ultra CD???? Thanks!:D

the version of chain mail in the singles d/l
is the one from one man clapping, not the
single itself ...

Does anyone know how to put live recordings on cd without 2 or 3 seconds of silence between songs?
Thanks.

Does anyone know how to put live recordings on cd without 2 or 3 seconds of silence between songs?
Thanks.

Some do it automatically, if you use nero double click the track (you'll then get options. where it says seconds gaps. delete the 2 and put 0 for all tracks except the first track. :confused: hope that helps).
can't wait to hear the james stuff. :)

Would anyone happen to have any of the following songs?

BE MY PRAYER

ALL GOOD BOYS

ALL MY SONS

ALL ONE TO ME

COFFEE AND TOAST

CRESCENDO

DOWNSTAIRS

FIGHT

FIRE AWAY

FISHKNIVES

GAUDI

HANG ON