What do you think Morrissey would do.....

This was a serious question, I do not hold the same values that he does when it comes to animals and animal rights and I wondered what he would do in the situation. From what I can gather he doesn't kill insects (in some cases he goes out of his way to save them), so would he also live with nits, or would he commit an act of chemical genocide? Is there some kind of ethical lice removal procedure that I am unmaware of?

But honestly, would you just have them killed? Why is that ok, when eating animals isn't.

Does that mean if I had a sparrow living in my hair I could kill it?

No, I would contact the humane nit removal company I have just discussed above. Chareth, did you read my post? Nits have feelings too, you know! In many cases, nits have been taught to jump, follow, and even recognise their owners voice. To arbitrarily exterminate them would be evil! :(

Ah, okay. So in the film Aliens, the marines were the bad guys from your point of view? You must have been pissed at the end because, for 80% of the movie it looked like the aliens were going to win.

I think I prefer the first one. It's darker somehow, more atmospheric. Plus it has the amusing double-act of Parker and Brett. Plus, it was Ripley's finest hour.

The first one is top drawer, however (and this may just be a freudian boy thing) the sequal had the coolest guns in any film ever.

Guns count for nothing - especially when you take Jonesy into consideration. He has a significant role in the first film, i.e. luring Brett to his death, but in the second film, Ripley calls him a shithead. Plus, he's only in it for about 5 mins tops.

Good job he wasn't around in the evenings, becasue apparently they mostly come at night..... mostly.

hey i thought of a link to the Alien films and Morrissey if he had nits.
well in Alien 3, Ripley had to shave off her hair to fit in with the convicts, well why doesn't Morrissey shave off his hair like Ripley. so the nits are not dead and morrissey has got rid of them! he just has to grow his hair back!

but what if he got crabs!!!!!!

Alien Films...............

NERD ALERT!!!!!
;)

Um, does anyone else think this is a rather strange thread... I mean, we've gone from the humane removal of headlice, to discussing alien films...

We read with disbelief comments on this thread related to nits. Cease and desist (this week) as we have been advised that this thread is the number one source of information related to speculation surrounding the artist Morrissey and his possible reaction to nit infestation. With this level of exposure comes a level of responsibility, which clearly has not been shown.

One would assume given the history of the leaders behind this site there will be no backtracking.

Good luck.

You made me laugh again Cutestory... How do you come up with them?!

What started out as seemingly nonesensical, ends up being one of the most bizarre and funny threads - it made me laugh out loud, which isn't easy these days. Brilliant stuff Cutestory. :D :D

Alien Films...............

NERD ALERT!!!!!
;)

Unless you're in a mid 80's high school drama brat pack (a la Breakfast club), use of the term NERD ALERT will almost always have the opposite effect than you're after.

The whole nit situation is an ethical quandry for me, he wouldn't kill mice living in his house, how would he react to things living on his head. Surely to shave his head would be to sentence them to death?

But honestly, would you just have them killed? Why is that ok, when eating animals isn't.

Does that mean if I had a sparrow living in my hair I could kill it?

We read with disbelief comments on this thread related to nits. Cease and desist (this week) as we have been advised that this thread is the number one source of information related to speculation surrounding the artist Morrissey and his possible reaction to nit infestation. With this level of exposure comes a level of responsibility, which clearly has not been shown.

One would assume given the history of the leaders behind this site there will be no backtracking.

Good luck.

:D :D :D to the both of you!

cutestory is once again trying to put down animal rights because they can never be executed a 100% in this world. so anything that isn't one hundred percent feasable is stupid to him. but then again if it would be one hundred percent then he'd call it fanatic and dangerous, right? so no matter what the answer: it's always wrong to these kind of people, because they do not actually want to understand or think about it, their sole goal is to provoke and ridicule.

what I personally like about morrissey is that he is NOT a fanatic and he even wears leather shoes. I believe it's good to do things that matter but it's useless to be 100% fanatic and fundamentalist about them because that only turns everyone around you off. the tiny details won't change the world - only the big picture will. if ever. if you want to inflouence anyone at all you can't ask them to give up everything from shows to nit-remedy - but you can ask them to use their heart and their head any make their own decisions - and maybe stop wearing fur for a start, right?

cutestory is once again trying to put down animal rights because they can never be executed a 100% in this world. so anything that isn't one hundred percent feasable is stupid to him. but then again if it would be one hundred percent then he'd call it fanatic and dangerous, right? so no matter what the answer: it's always wrong to these kind of people, because they do not actually want to understand or think about it, their sole goal is to provoke and ridicule.

what I personally like about morrissey is that he is NOT a fanatic and he even wears leather shoes. I believe it's good to do things that matter but it's useless to be 100% fanatic and fundamentalist about them because that only turns everyone around you off. the tiny details won't change the world - only the big picture will. if ever. if you want to inflouence anyone at all you can't ask them to give up everything from shows to nit-remedy - but you can ask them to use their heart and their head any make their own decisions - and maybe stop wearing fur for a start, right?

I think you'll find it would be possible for you to execute your ideals 100%, it's just that it may be inconvenient for you.

If you're going to prattle on about your views dear, at least have the courage of your convictions.

Also, as I've said, it was a genuine question. Why does Morrissey have any more right over his hair than the nits?

no, your questions are not serious questions. because they always are formulated in a negative way where the answer is already clear to you: animal rights are stupid. you have absolutely no interest whatsoever in the topic or in a sincere discussion - you just want to bother everyone that believes in it by finding flaws you can point out. does that make you feel very clever?

I think you'll find it would be possible for you to execute your ideals 100%, it's just that it may be inconvenient for you.

If you're going to prattle on about your views dear, at least have the courage of your convictions.

You know, you're sounding more and more like a Bush administration official or the "man" himself. They use similar BS rhetoric like this all the time to make their ignorant points. BUSH is 100% idealisticly convinced that the war in Iraq is good for the country, so no matter how wrong everything's going and how many people DIE on a daily basis, he will stick to his convictions and "stay the course" because he belives that it is "cut n' run" to change course when things become inconvinient politically or humanly.

It's perfectly fine for an animal rights person to get rid of pests like frogs, rats, nits, and roaches. THEY ARE PESTS AFTER ALL
I'm for animal rights but I wear leather boots all the time and love my leather jackets too....leather turns me on and they're killing the cows anyway for food, so why not make use of their skin. I'm a virgin but I enjoy flirting and behaving like a huge slut all the time....it's fun.
It doesn't have to be black and white all the time.

Back
Top Bottom