The Best Smiths Song Ever, Round 5

Best non-album Smiths single

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This was an easy one :)

It's hard for me to consider How soon is now ? as single since it was first the B side for William ... but since it's in the poll

This charming man
How soon is now ?
Shoplifters of the world unite

This one was extremely difficult, but I went with -

This Charming Man
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
How Soon Is Now?

Ow sh*t! Now I see why it was so easy for me! I ticked off 5 songs! Woops!

Surprisingly easy vote!

How Soon Is Now?

This Charming Man

Shoplifters of the World Unite

how soon is now
this charming man
shoplifters

yeh yeh. I see the ones I chose are lagging behind. Whats wrong with you all?

Couldn't vote for How Soon Is Now as its bound to win and over-familiarity breeds contempt.

Get William up the poll. 2 and a bit minutes of pure, unadulterated pop music. Nothing more needs to be said

I love this round!

HSIN? - best song EVER (of all times of all artists). Not even a song, a bloody mantra!

Shakespeare's sister - first Smiths song I ever liked
Panic (for the immortal "[music that] says nothing to me about my life" line)

Charming Man and Heaven Knows were certainties for me, but ooh the third choice was a tough one... went with William in the end, that song just gets lodged in my head, and no matter how often I hear it, it still makes me want to dance :) And I spend a lot of days looking out the window at the rain thinking of the opening line.. doesn't that paint a jolly picture?!

Get William up the poll. 2 and a bit minutes of pure, unadulterated pop music. Nothing more needs to be said

I agree with you there, BB. William is pure Smiths perfection and if it doesn't make the last 30 then the other ones better be pretty damn good (well, they probably will...).

Also surprised to see HSIN not leading.
I thought it would be the biggest rival to There Is A Light in the final, but if it can't beat This Charming Man, it will have no chance against TIALTNGO.

Well, i added another vote for William. (for the beautiful shimmering guitar) Needs many more though.

So,
William
Ask
Shoplifters

Also surprised to see HSIN not leading.
I thought it would be the biggest rival to There Is A Light in the final, but if it can't beat This Charming Man, it will have no chance against TIALTNGO.

Yes, that's shocking. It probably comes as the result of Him overdoing it live recently.

How Soon Is Now?
Panic
Shakespeare's Sister

Back
Top Bottom