There Is A Light..
Boy With The Thorn..
Bigmouth Strikes Again

light
cemetry
over...

not that hard

So where are your votes, Pervo?

I think it IS hard, as there are only 2 songs that couldn't possibly make my top-3, Vicar and Frankly, and I even enjoy those immensely.
I always thought I Know It's Over was one of the most overrated Smiths songs, but it is a great track nonetheless...
Today I think I will go for:

The Queen Is Dead
Cemetry Gates
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

Indeed, it still is a hard choice

I know it's over and There's a light are not in doubt, but it is painful to have to choose between The Queen is Dead and Cemetry Gates. :confused:

There Is A Light doesn't need my vote whether it is amongst my 3 favourites or not so I just excluded it from my thinking. I listen to all 3 of the songs below more than it anyway.

The Queen Is Dead
I Know It's Over
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

Personally it isn't so hard to choose three songs from this album, but "Strangeways..." is the hardest.:o

Easy.

The Queen Is Dead
Cemtery Gates
There Is A Light

I voted Bigmouth, Queen and Never had no one ever --> I know, no one is going to vote for that song besides me so I decided to do my best to keep it off the bottom of the list. All other songs I like (which are basically all other songs on this album) are going to get enough votes even without me so I'd rather stick to less obvious choices! ;)

That was far too hard, I've been really into this album lately and love every song. I've developed a strange appreciation for Some Girls and I've just gone with that over 'There is a Light', I'm quite shocked at myself! My votes:

I Know It's Over (the first Smiths song I really listened to and fell in love with, I found the feeling of being buried alive such an unusual one to be articulated in a song)
Frankly Mr. Shankly (I adore the humour in this one! Won out over Vicar)
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others (what can I say, the beautiful music, Morrissey's wistful voice and the slightly absurd lyrics, I still don't quite know what to make of it but I know it's genius :D )

I still believe Frankly Mr Shankly is the only song ever, by anyone, that makes me smile everytime I hear it...

I Know Its Over is suitably epic and melodramatic

and of course There Is A Light is the greatest recording ever...and those are my little choices

light
cemetry
over...

not that hard

these were my choices too...strangely enough, I consider the queen is dead to be possibly the greatest album ever made, and it's absolutely flawless, but these 3 songs have always been my favourites, and they still are...i do enjoy the rest of the album immensely - Frankly mr. shankly is terribly underrated (the lyrics are hilarious, i love mozza's vocal delivery...), the boy... is one of the most beautiful,perfect pop songs i've ever heard, bigmouth is an absolute classic - again, hilarious lyrics, i just can't help but giggle every time i hear the line about joan of arc and her hearing aid....etc, etc

Not a particularly good album, is it? ;-)

I voted:
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Cemetry Gates
There Is A Light...

Along with A Rush and a Push, Bigmouth is probably my favourite Smiths song.

Back
Top Bottom