That's it, I'm starting a Morrissey tabs/chords site

PashernatePoet

A Surprising Thing
I'm going to put together all of the Morrissey (not smiths) tabs/chords I can get a hold of on one site (a free one, of course).

So...I'd like some help. Can anyone who might have them send me any tabs/chords they've produced themselves or give me permision to use ones they've put up on other tab sites?

Also, since I'd rather not get in trouble with the copyright police, if anyone has any morrissey photos they'd be willing to allow me to use, could they let me know?

My email address is: [email protected]

Need any bass? I have tabbed all of Your Arsenal's Bass lines.

brilliant idea mate!! i'm looking to help organise/ play in a morrissey tribute night in sheffield next year. all proceeds to charity of course and your site could be a huge help!!!

You've got the chords spot on, but for an easier play, it might be worth mentioning the capo; for instance, on You Have Killed Me, the chorus you have as G#m, E - when it works better capo 4th fret and Em C G D D#

A Minor gripe, but good for you for getting it done.

Best Wishes,

Peter

You've got the chords spot on, but for an easier play, it might be worth mentioning the capo; for instance, on You Have Killed Me, the chorus you have as G#m, E - when it works better capo 4th fret and Em C G D D#

A Minor gripe, but good for you for getting it done.

Best Wishes,

Peter

From what I have seen the boys do not use capos when playing this song.

From what I have seen the boys do not use capos when playing this song.

True, but my point was if the chorus starts off in G#m, as noted on the site linked above, then the logical thing would be to Capo 4th fret and play Em. I agree that live that doesn't happen, in which case there's a tonal difference. If played concert tuning, then it would be Em, C, Em, C etc, so, point taken.

Cheers,

Peter

True, but my point was if the chorus starts off in G#m, as noted on the site linked above, then the logical thing would be to Capo 4th fret and play Em. I agree that live that doesn't happen, in which case there's a tonal difference. If played concert tuning, then it would be Em, C, Em, C etc, so, point taken.

Cheers,

Peter

So it's similar to the tonal change in the Jack The Ripper live and studio versions? Or just about every other live song they perform? :p

So it's similar to the tonal change in the Jack The Ripper live and studio versions? Or just about every other live song they perform? :p

Well, there's a hell of a lot of songs in concert tuning capo 2nd fret as it suits Moz's voice. Jack The Ripper as on Beethoven, I always played this capo 4th, the start Em Cmaj7 Amaj7 and so forth until the chorus which would be G D Cmaj7 D G D Cmaj7 D D#.

I bought all the music books over the years and they never really gave any clues. For instance - Bigmouth - try playing this as they suggest, and you end up starting on C#m, which is a nonsense. Capo 4th fret, start on Am, then C add9 (I think), D, Am, F, G and so forth. When Moz is around, the capo is your friend.

Best Wishes,

Peter

Not to sound like a smart ass, but I know for a fact the Live Version of Jack The Ripper is played two frets up. Also, the live version of You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side always sounded funny to me. Is it the 'two guitar only' factor?

Not to sound like a smart ass, but I know for a fact the Live Version of Jack The Ripper is played two frets up. Also, the live version of You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side always sounded funny to me. Is it the 'two guitar only' factor?

Just listened to it again, and I think you're right, capo 2nd, in which case it would be F#m, Dmaj7, Bmaj7.

Cheers,

Peter

And the riff must be something like this?

66796 666796 6796 999762

66796 666796 6796 999 10 11

I made it up on the spot so correct me if I'm wrong. I just found a online version exactly like mine so it must be somewhat close.

And the riff must be something like this?

66796 666796 6796 999762

66796 666796 6796 999 10 11

I made it up on the spot so correct me if I'm wrong. I just found a online version exactly like mine so it must be somewhat close.
That's it, but maybe play the A (2) on the fourth string, seventh fret.

I Strongly Suggest You Download Guitar Pro. This Is A Very Useful Tool For Guitar Tabs And Song Deconstruction.

Last edited:
Need any bass? I have tabbed all of Your Arsenal's Bass lines.

Yeah, I'd love to get a hold of those as well if you want to submit them

Do we get credits for submissions?

Yes, definetly, both on the tab itself and on a huuuge Thank You list on the main page (at least I hope it will be huge someday).

Good point. I'll fix that tomorrow

Last edited:
I have it all put into Guitar Pro so it will take me a while to put it into wordpad form to email you. Is it possible you can dl guitar pro and I can share it?

Back
Top Bottom