The Other Smiths

Unlikely One

Was considering getting tix to see the above in november. One review said "acknowledged as the finest Smiths tribute band worldwide". HAs anyone seen them and are they worth a night out?

I saw them on Saturday. They're ok. Its just a giggle really. They do some Moz solo stuff as well (nothing too abstract admittedly!)

saw them in norwich last year and it was ok. they spilt the set into two halves - first smiths songs, then a break, then the morrissey songs

There's a good laugh when you're there with a couple of mates and had a couple of drinks and up for a drunken singalong, which, lets be honest, is the point of tribute bands. :)

They are playing Bury tonight. I walked past the venue this afternoon, and (in jest) suggested to my wife that we go. She gave me a look that suggested that I would be going alone.

I saw them last year... their version of "I Know It's Over" is incredible. And I hope that when i go in November they do it again.

Seriously, good night out.

Was considering getting tix to see the above in november. One review said "acknowledged as the finest Smiths tribute band worldwide". HAs anyone seen them and are they worth a night out?

This may seem unkind, but they are the worst of the 4 Smiths tribs I've seen.

it's true, like another poster says, that you just go along for a drunken singalong, so i don't wanna seem like a purist/elitist but the singer is really poor, and he's fronting a just-about-average band.

Ironically, they seem to have a very good following (in Leeds last year, anyway), but i think they've been around longer than some of the others.

For the record, the others I've seen are:
The Smyths (excellent)
Sweet & Tender Hooligans (excellent)
Smiths Indeed (reasonable)

I know I'm a bit judgemental here, but, well, you did ask...

This may seem unkind, but they are the worst of the 4 Smiths tribs I've seen.

it's true, like another poster says, that you just go along for a drunken singalong, so i don't wanna seem like a purist/elitist but the singer is really poor, and he's fronting a just-about-average band.

Ironically, they seem to have a very good following (in Leeds last year, anyway), but i think they've been around longer than some of the others.

For the record, the others I've seen are:
The Smyths (excellent)
Sweet & Tender Hooligans (excellent)
Smiths Indeed (reasonable)

I know I'm a bit judgemental here, but, well, you did ask...

I have to say, if The Smiths Indeed only rank as third, then the others must be amazing as I believe The Smiths Indeed are, indeed, excellent.

I do like the sound of splitting the gig up into Smiths and Solo - like that idea.

I have to say, if The Smiths Indeed only rank as third, then the others must be amazing as I believe The Smiths Indeed are, indeed, excellent.

I do like the sound of splitting the gig up into Smiths and Solo - like that idea.

Worth checking out then , aren't they?

The Smyths, I mean - not much chance of seeing the US-based SATH for UK/Europe fans; that's why I thought it was so important to try and catch them here in the summer during that short tour here.

Check out the Smyths website for their gigs (I have no direct connection, so not promoting).

I prefer mixing the music of Smiths + Moz, but that's purely personal, but I can see its appeal.

Back
Top Bottom