Best Morrissey Song Ever, round 14

Best 2006 non-album track

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johan de Witt

The final 7 songs of 159 Moz solo-songs,, the ROTT b-sides.
Since there are only 7 songs, only the winner will go through to the semi-finals.

Don't forget to vote in the previous rounds if you haven't done so, as I will start the first semi-final in a few days time.
Round 1, Viva Hate
Round 2, Kill Uncle
Round 3, Your Arsenal
Round 4, Vauxhall and I
Round 5, Southpaw Grammar
Round 6, Maladjusted
Round 7, You Are The Quarry
Round 8, Ringleader of the Tormentors
Round 9, Non-album singles
Round 10,non-album tracks 1988-1990
Round 11,non-album tracks 1991-1994
Round 12,non-album track 1995-1997
Round 13,non-album track 2004-2005

What about the unreleased stuff like Striptease, Born To Hang etc?

I think Ganglord is absolutely brilliant. It should have At Last I Am Born/On The Streets I Ran's place on the album, imho. He did this at all the ROTT gigs I got to and I loved it from the first play.

Sorry to say but the two best songs are covers. "Good Looking Man About Town" get's my vote, it may not be as emotional as "Ganglord" but the lyrics and the titel are better. With some work this could have been a part of the album. Nice to see Moz return to this charming subject. And not to forget, this one fits very well together with "Human Being" and "I Knew I Was Next". The B-sides from TYWTML may ve better but dosen't fit together the same way, "Ganglord" hass not the same subject that "if You Don't Like me.." and "A Song From Under The Floorboards".

Second favourite is the Human Being cover.

Way better than the original :D

"If you don't like me..." has my vote, I can listen to this one again and again, a great song for me !

Strange how for the first time of Morrissey's career, I think he spoiled some good music with unconsistant lyrics whereas he previously often saved average tunes with his words

Because let's face it : Ganglord and If you don't like me are very nice compositions, but the lyrics are almost embarrasing

I voted for A song from under the floorboards, the best from the ROTT sessions after Life is a pigsty of course

Back
Top Bottom