Best Morrissey Song Ever, round 11

Best Morrissey b-side 1991-1994

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johan de Witt

The second round of b-sides, 1991-1994
Not quite as strong a period for the Moz b-side as the previous one, but still, some gems (and one absolute classic) are to be found here.

Needless to say, the previous rounds are still open to vote in.
Round 1, Viva Hate
Round 2, Kill Uncle
Round 3, Your Arsenal
Round 4, Vauxhall and I
Round 5, Southpaw Grammar
Round 6, Maladjusted
Round 7, You Are The Quarry
Round 8, Ringleader of the Tormentors
Round 9, Non-album singles
Round 10,non album tracks 1988-1990

Last edited:
hey, Johan, how was yesterday's show?

(I had to choose btw between "I'd love to" and "Jack the Ripper". So difficult)

4 covers out of 14 b-sides? What was Moz thinking?
I voted Let the Right One Slip In,
the only YA b-side,really.

Last edited:
Moonriver
Wider than a mile
I'll be crossing you in style

I'm a sucker for Jack The Ripper and The Loop as well.

Voted "The Loop", much for the title and the rythm, specially like the live version on "Beethoven was Deaf". "Jack The Ripper" is the best one but it's gettng all the votes and I don't want "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty" to come second.

Man, this was a tough one! I almost wanted to make one more username for my self to be able to vote for both The Loop AND Tony the pony... But this time I went for The Loop since i think the lyrics are slightly better.

A tough round indeed... Could have voted for 4-5-6... songs on the list!

an easy vote for "Jack The Ripper". Only "Let The Right One Slip In" in the same league for me. Johan, shouldn't "Pregnant for the last Time" be on this list?

I try not to put negative stuff in these forums, but Tony The Pony is one of my three worst Moz songs of all time. The others are Dagenham and America. Sorry TtP from Sweden ;-)

I'm glad Moz released live records for JTR. So much more powerful than the studio version. Damn I whish Moz would come to my country.

Last edited:
my votes till now

alsatian cousin
mute witness
national front disco
spring heeled jim
the teachers are afrais of the pupils
ambitious outsiders
come back to cameden
life is a pigsty
interesting drug
sunny
thats entertainment

Skin Storm

is just adorable - and one of his best covers imho.

I must however admit that I don't know the original by Bradford yet ....

csp

Apart from Ive Changed My Plea and Jack The Ripper, in general these b-sides aren't a patch on the 2004 and 2006 b-sides.

I shouldnt really have to state that this is only my opinion, but I just have done...

Skin Storm

is just adorable - and one of his best covers imho.

I must however admit that I don't know the original by Bradford yet ....

csp

I know the original, it's OK but Morrissey's version is better. "Skin Storm" is my 3rd favourite B-side from this period.

I LOVE "I'd Love To". To me, it's one of his most beautiful, romantic, heartbreakign songs. I wish I could have voted for it. but...

... "Jack The Ripper" is absolutely my FAVOURITE MOZ SOLO SONG OF ALL-TIME! And atually it's one of my all-time favourite songs by any artist. Such an amazing, chilling song. And I know that lots of people prefer the Beethoven Is Deaf version, but this ons is really strong, too, and msot importantly, it has the last verse, which wins it out for me!

"And no one knows a thing about my life
I can come and go as I please
and if I want to, I can stay
or if I want to, I can leave
Nobody knows me
nobody knows me..."

Back
Top Bottom