A taste!

This charming man.

Throbbing member.
This is just a taste of one of the missives that Mozzer wrote to Julie. This one is typed apart from his sign off (Steven).

Dear Julie-

Guess who. If you can cast your mind back a mere three months you may slightly remember me from college, I used to pester you throughout the classes with silly notes. Well I am writing to you with the hope that you can give me Ann-Marie McVeigh's address. You'll probably find it on the form you handed 'round to hopeful sponsers when you did that swimming Gala in Huddersfield-remember? The reason I want Anne's address is because she has a lot of paperwork belong to me that she never returned.

No, I'm not re-enroling at college, infact i haven't got a clue WHAT I shall be doing. I went to America and it was terrific. I'd love to live there. I managed to get three O Level's (Literature, Sociology and the General Paper), but got a U in History unfortunately.

So if you can find the time i would appreciate a letter. I'm not doing anything right now (job wise), so I've got plenty of time to await a reply. Don't think too much.......

Chow,
Steven (in hand writing)

Hmmmmm a taste of Suedehead with 'pester you with silly notes'.
The top of the letter is typed Steven Morrissey
384 Kings Road
Stretford
Manchester
M32 8GW

Tel: 061 881 7125

September 8, 1976.

Peace and love to all Morrissey fans.

Last edited:
Ann-Marie McVeigh was the girl he was obsessed with wasn't he?

And Julie must be the girl that Rogan interviewed. She said that she and Morrissey used to send each other notes in class at college but that they were too embarrassed and shy to talk to each other in person. Reading between the lines I got the impression she was interested in him romantically but he was only interested in her unattainable friend.

Another quicky. Another typed one.

Jewelz:

Guten tag, dear Jewels........I wrote the enclosed letter just before I left the land of the free. Now I am back in England in a position so loathsome that I refuse to dwell on it. I desperatly want a job, I don't care what it is- as long as it's illegal. Thanks a billion for your wunnerful christ-myth card. I know I ought to have written sooner- won't you forgive this reckless youth? I'm still a youth, aren't I ? I mean, I may be 19, but I look weeks younger............

How is yuh? If you don't write to me soon i shall tell everyone that you are a woman with a past. I have lost all sense of pleasure in life. I want to go swimming, but I've got an ear infection- aren't there some sort of "ear plugs" you can buy? Lemme know where!
Pleeeeeeeeeezzzee write to me, Jooooolz!!
Love, poverty, etc... Steve

Danny said:

And Julie must be the girl that Rogan interviewed. She said that she and Morrissey used to send each other notes in class at college but that they were too embarrassed and shy to talk to each other in person. Reading between the lines I got the impression she was interested in him romantically but he was only interested in her unattainable friend.

Yes. In the 'severed alliance' wasn't it?

This charming man. said:
Another quicky. Another typed one.

Jewelz:

Guten tag, dear Jewels........I wrote the enclosed letter just before I left the land of the free. Now I am back in England in a position so loathsome that I refuse to dwell on it. I desperatly want a job, I don't care what it is- as long as it's illegal.

It's a commonplace, but it's interesting he uses the same definition for America in "America Is Not the World", so many years later. The part about the job reminds of course "You've Got Everything Now", instead.
Anyway...these letters are so private!:o :rolleyes:

Ambrosia said:
It's a commonplace, but it's interesting he uses the same definition for America in "America Is Not the World", so many years later. The part about the job reminds of course "You've Got Everything Now", instead.
Anyway...these letters are so private!:o :rolleyes:

Tee hee.

Danny said:

did I miss something? Is she the one in 'half a person'?

And 'college'; I thought he didn't even finish high school!!

"wunnerful christ-myth card"

Haha, that's a new one to me!

Ugh, he's so funny and charming/silly. Wish he'd send me notes...

wolve said:
did I miss something? Is she the one in 'half a person'?

And 'college'; I thought he didn't even finish high school!!

Could be the one in Half a Person, though my comment was based more on stuff Rogan put in his book about him being obsessed with that girl.

He went back to college a few years after school I think when he found himself unemployable.

This charming man. said:
I NEVER laugh AT people.

So do I and generally I get on well with charming men:) , especially with that charming man :) :D.It was just a linguistical doubt ;).

Last edited:
Wonderfull, splendid, jes, Im all for it. Great post. Thx for the work in typing up the letters.:D

She's the one who told Rogan about Moz: "Even though he was attractive, it was his mind I felt a passion for." I wonder if she ever told him that... it almost sounds like the line from Late Night, Maudlin Street.

OMG, I really am a Morrissey Geek. :eek:

it's really surprising that morrissey and i have a similar letter writing style. i only noticed that after reading a couple of those pen pall letters. he so random...i thought it was not a good trait of mine before...but hey if morrisey does it, then it's all good. most people can't tell what the heck i'm trying to write because i just go into these crazy rambles. sort of. crazy. is that the word. they're crazy.
and silly.
being silly never hurts.
it's a funny word too, silly.
say it.
told you.
although my letter writing style has heeeavily been influenced by Jack Kerouac.
he's insane.
and by insane.
i mean- good.
well better than good!
i hope people save my letters too. i should write more paper letters. emails are too easy to delete. papers seem to linger.
who wants to be my pen pal!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!

I've always longed for a Pen Enemy

Although some people might be more deserving of a Pen Enema. Penenema. Say it. And you're halfway there.

Back
Top Bottom