Morrissey letters.

This charming man.

Throbbing member.
I have a plethora of photo copied letters that mozza wrote (whilst in college) to a girl named Julie. They were passed on to me by a person that knows Julie. They are a tremendous read and are an insite to a future genius. If anyone is interested in reading these PM me.:)

Just to let everyone know who has PM'd me regarding Morrissey's copied letters. I will scan ALL of them and find out how to upload them somewhere. I really am hopeless regarding IT but I will definitely learn how to do this and come up with the goods. They really are a delight to read :)
Peace and love to you all.

How awful it must be to have a load of strangers reading your private correspondence, especially things you wrote as a teenager.

You are absolutely right.
It seems that some people don't know where to stop just because they are big fans.

Ops... I must have posted on the wrong thread, this is not the True To You one, is it?
RS

Most of them are written when he was in his early twenties. He has just returned from America and is working at the inland revenue. And a few are when he was on the dole. So you think that I'm doing the wrong thing by letting people read these? I know it's my decision but if you think that that this is wrong by me then maybe I'll just incinerate them.
Peace and love from a fan who just wanted to share this insite to a future genius.
BTW at least I'm not trying to flog them!

Last edited:
I think he states that he flirted with college but on one of the letters he say's he got O'levels in English Litt, Sociology and General Studies. Oh and a U in History.

Thank you very much for that. I'm not doing this for immoral purpose. I litterally want to share these. I'm getting them scanned later and will provide a link to where they'll be uploaded to.
Peace and love.

boinging said:
Don't worry, there is always the anti brigade on here. Perhaps a hint of jealousy?

Any right minded fan would be interested to read them.

No I'm not jealous, or trying to be sanctimonious even though it might sound that way. I just think that the only person who should read a letter is the person who's name is on the envelope.
I can understand people's interest in them though.

boinging said:
Have you ever read the letters of Oscar Wilde? De Profundis?

I know what you are saying although there's a difference with those letters and those that were only written around twenty years ago by someone who is still alive and kicking.

Sorry for being pedantic but they were wrote around 30 years ago. I think it's best to leave opinions on this subject until I've posted them.
BTW Sarha T will you be taking a peek?

I, for one, am very glad you're posting these. I'm sure most people will be delighted to read them, as they're probably not very personal, like the letters he sent to the scottish guy (Rob was his name, I think). It's not as if they're letters he wrote to Jake, which would be very revelatory!

You'll find the letters of tons of famous writers in books at the library.
Of course Moz is still alive... but it's best to get a head start on these things!

I personally can't wait to read them.
I find, and I'm sure many others do, find anything written by him to be pretty fascinating.

Spicer said:
What does the U stand for?

Unclassified I would guess.

Possibly didn't sit the exam would be my guess.

This thread has thrown up an interesting debate about how far we will go as fans to get a "piece" of Moz - congats to SarahT and Rocco for making me think hard about this today.:)

EDIT - SarahT beat me to it with a more classified response :-D

This charming man. said:
Just to let everyone know who has PM'd me regarding Morrissey's copied letters. I will scan ALL of them and find out how to upload them somewhere. I really am hopeless regarding IT but I will definitely learn how to do this and come up with the goods. They really are a delight to read :)
Peace and love to you all.

If you need any IT help, just ask mjp. He is an IT guy and very user friendly.

Back
Top Bottom