Manchester Apollo (May 6, 2006)

The Youngest

doesn't eat his friends
I was listening to TLM and when he sings "just when it seems like...etc" Morrissey starts laughing. I was just wondering what was going on? Can someone help me?
Thanks

this is what i found in the comment section:

The highlight for me was when a Buster Bloodvessel lookalike came flying through the air during my favourite song of the set "Trouble loves me"and splatted half on and off the stage then crumpled into a heap on the floor,Morrissey couldn't sing for laughing,i'll forgive him as i was pissing my pants as well.He managed to shake his hand when he finally got up.

Although I was there, I didn't see the Buster look-a-like. Thanks for the info.:)

lucky lisp said:
Did anybody see moz lookalke ?He was his double .......wierd !

Yes, I saw him on the way out I think. I also remember Morrissey laughing as well. :D

I didn't see him, but one of my teachers is a dead ringer of Moz- it's quite uncanny- He's a massive Moz fan aswell so he was quite pleased when I asked him if he'd ever been told he was a double of Moz. It's sort of an in-joke thing we've got going on now

Also saw the Moz lookalike at the Bridgewater Hall gig in the bar beforehand and then in the Star & Garter afterwards. I did speak to him but he spent most of the night sat posing. I think his "unique" selling point had gone to his head!

lucky lisp said:
Did anybody see moz lookalke ?He was his double .......wierd !

i saw him in the star and garter just before the show, he walked in and everyone cheered and hugged him and had their photos taken with him :D

Yeh I was in there too beforehand (snG)...
my mate and I were quite battered and took a double take... and then shook his hand and nicked a bit of his shirt etc etc :)

We proceeeded to see him at the gig, in the Brickhouse that night, in the bar of the Opera House, outside the Bridgewater Hall and the Monday night disco thing in the Star and Garter. I was the sad git dancing on the stage with an old man of 37!!!

Any idea if the photos were ever made available for all to view?? I'll be in a couple methinks.

Blokes name was Mark btw.

It's funny this comes up , we saw this Moz double at the Star&Garter after the Bridgewater Hall show and I stepped up and congratulated him for how amazingly alike he looked. (My friend almost fainted when he walked in the door lol) ....I said how I wished I had a camera to brag my friends about having met Moz. He said his friend would take a snapshot and email it to me which I thought was quite kind of him. I later on bought a couple of drinx for them to return the favour.... unfortunately I never got the picture!
Hey if you read this and you still have it saved somewhere would you send it to me? Im the Costa Rican guy wearing the Ringleaders' grey tshirt!! I think I bought you or your friend a JackDaniels and a pint but I was too hammered by then...My email is [email protected].
Cheers !!

homeless chihuahua said:
It's funny this comes up , we saw this Moz double at the Star&Garter after the Bridgewater Hall show and I stepped up and congratulated him for how amazingly alike he looked. (My friend almost fainted when he walked in the door lol) ....I said how I wished I had a camera to brag my friends about having met Moz. He said his friend would take a snapshot and email it to me which I thought was quite kind of him. I later on bought a couple of drinx for them to return the favour.... unfortunately I never got the picture!
Hey if you read this and you still have it saved somewhere would you send it to me? Im the Costa Rican guy wearing the Ringleaders' grey tshirt!! I think I bought you or your friend a JackDaniels and a pint but I was too hammered by then...My email is [email protected].
Cheers !!

I emailed you my address

Mark

here's one from the Star & Garter, taken on my phone so it's a tad grainy.
Picture055.jpg

love

Grim

Hi this is Mark. Good memory with names. My friend Efren may have some pics of the outstanding evenings we had in Manchester. Let me know if you want his email.

Thanks

Mark

i too had my pic taken with moz lookalike ,all of my friends fell for it when i told them id met moz,the likeness is unbelievable .... i told my true friends it was a lookylike ! lol

Mark, be great to see your friends pics .Apollo and opera house were truely memorable nights for me .

lucky lisp said:
Mark, be great to see your friends pics .Apollo and opera house were truely memorable nights for me .

I concur!

Back
Top Bottom