Morrissey in disguise

Rocco Sifredi

Half a Man of Means
I am quite new in this forum world, so stop me if you're read this one before...
I was wondering if there were issues in the past of people thinking that a certain member was indeed HIM (Moz, not the band) or somebody from The Smiths.

Is anybody thinking something like that even now?
Any theory?

Bye RS

Rocco Sifredi said:
I am quite new in this forum world, so stop me if you're read this one before...
I was wondering if there were issues in the past of people thinking that a certain member was indeed HIM (Moz, not the band) or somebody from The Smiths.

Is anybody thinking something like that even now?
Any theory?

Bye RS

I can't remember any specific discussion, but I think we're all aware that Morrissey is indeed online and maybe he lurks here and there. And we know that he has certain things (like birthday messages) printed out and presented to him by a member of his staff.

Well we know that he's kind of anti-social in the 'real world' so I don't see how that could be different in the virtual world....

Rocco.

Interesting question.

I for one believe the answer is an undeniable YES.

I think he has even been as bold as to post on here very recently, for which I would applaud him.

Studying the boards as much as I do allows me an ability to detect strange occurrences, or should I say, unusual patterns in certain things.

I don't want to say too much about my suspicions but, yes, I'm sure the man himself has been here.

I will finish by saying that I certainly hope he has had a good look around and he will find that his audience are actually a decent bunch and that this site, previously referred to in detrimental terms by Morrissey, is actually a great vehicle for his name.

Yeah, he's definitely talking about the type of people us Moz-Solo moderators try to remove from the site.

We're not as low as he thinks, so he mustn't read it very often.

The man has better things to do, you know.

Mada and Briber:

That was before the new forums where we now have things under control - which is why I think he's had a change of heart and another look more recently.

No one can argue the previous format boards were anything other than chaos.

Of course he takes a sneeky peek from time to time....how could he possibly resist?!! We all know he has a "naughty" side.....haven't we all?!!

mjp said:
Rocco.

Interesting question.

I for one believe the answer is an undeniable YES.

I think he has even been as bold as to post on here very recently, for which I would applaud him.

Studying the boards as much as I do allows me an ability to detect strange occurrences, or should I say, unusual patterns in certain things.

I don't want to say too much about my suspicions but, yes, I'm sure the man himself has been here.

I will finish by saying that I certainly hope he has had a good look around and he will find that his audience are actually a decent bunch and that this site, previously referred to in detrimental terms by Morrissey, is actually a great vehicle for his name.

Why won't you tell?

I do believe he visits these forums and the main page from time to time. After all, how would he know or think this site was "so low" unless he had been here a few times to get that opinion (or at least once). Of course, things have changed since the chaos days, but i think he does know that even if he posts his statements on Julia's site, this site is where the action is at.

I'm sure he stops by to see how his latest letters are being received by the unwashed masses :)

mjp said:

oh, you mean the leaked letter?

yes, that was very brave of him. a bit odd to threaten David in a bid to remove it, but still...

Suzanne said:

yes, that was very brave of him. a bit odd to threaten David in a bid to remove it, but still...

Nope, I mean, registering on this forum and posting stuff.

mjp said:
Nope, I mean, registering on this forum and posting stuff.

I recently saw something that made me wonder too...any posts will be guerrilla strikes - creep in by stealth, plant a bomb, and retreat. I for one think it's great fun.

Peter

Suzanne said:

The whole situation was a bit odd with the law firm that represents both Morrissey and Sanctuary Records, and also a partner's son being involved with the letter. Three potential conflicts of interest. While the lawyer said he represented Morrissey in respect to copyright, perhaps it was someone else who really wanted the message censored from sight.

Purely speculative, but consider the possibility the letter was leaked. Sanctuary or the law firm wants it removed. They ask Morrissey how he feels about this and how the letter was posted, what's he going to say?

Uncleskinny said:
I recently saw something that made me wonder too...any posts will be guerrilla strikes - creep in by stealth, plant a bomb, and retreat. I for one think it's great fun.

Peter

do you mind sharing the suspicious item(s)? just curious what it was...

no one in particular said:
do you mind sharing the suspicious item(s)? just curious what it was...

I'd have to go back and have a look, but you know, the mystery would be destroyed if we knew for certain. It's so much more fun to guess, don't you think? It's like a game of Cluedo, or for the folk over the water, Clue. For instance "I think it was Uncleskinny, in the General Forum, with a post about Alma Matters" - three "x"s on the card for the one then!

Peter

no one in particular said:
you know you are right uncsk., it is more fun to play the game. games have always been so dear to me too.
and nice clue/do analogy. LOL! at that!

I say it was Morrissey in the Members Pics thread saying I am joy to humanity...

oh wait that didnt happen, but it could. :D

zom

zom said:
I say it was Morrissey in the Members Pics thread saying I am joy to humanity...

oh wait that didnt happen, but it could. :D

zom

Quality Zom.

But I'm sure he's just as unlikely to wish you an Unhappy Birthday too ;)

mjp said:
Quality Zom.

But I'm sure he's just as unlikely to wish you an Unhappy Birthday too ;)

Well worked friend!;)

zom

Interesting thread -- there was a ridiculous period during the Quarry tour where people thought the user "broken" might be him.

I've read messages that had an...odd feeling to them. Like they could be the man.

I know one thing -- if I were Him I wouldn't have bothered with the insanity of the old forums, but I would check them out now.

All this speculation is jolly good fun of course......but only one person knows for sure........and HE will outwit us all........ in the long run!

Back
Top Bottom