On Vacation

I think we need a place to say if we are going to be on a prolonged absence (for whatever reason) and want to let all of our kindred members know so they don't worry about where we went or what might have happened to us OR god forbid, that we got a life and just disappeared!

Like I just found out that zom was on vacation and is now back, and I for one had been wondering where this good looking man about town had gone since I wasn't seeing as many :D :D :Ds around. That made me kinda sad.

Well, I will be the first to post my temporary disappearance (or at least sparse appearance here) starting tomorrow (Tues.) for about a week. I will be on vacation. Don't have too much fun without me! :p

Last edited:
I think this is a really good idea - elaborating on my "Goodnight" thread that never went anywhere.

Well for me, it's a while before I'll have a long stretch away (August) but I'll be more active of an evening once the World Cup finishes - right now I can only dedicate the time of my day when I'm paid to work!

Anyway, I see 25 people have viewed this and no-one replied so what's that all about? If you don't agree then say something!

PS - Happy holidays (vacation) "No-one".

If you let everyone know you're away, we all know that your house is empty and we can come round and rob your stuff, we already know you have a computer!

:)

mjp said:
I think this is a really good idea - elaborating on my "Goodnight" thread that never went anywhere.

Well for me, it's a while before I'll have a long stretch away (August) but I'll be more active of an evening once the World Cup finishes - right now I can only dedicate the time of my day when I'm paid to work!

Anyway, I see 25 people have viewed this and no-one replied so what's that all about? If you don't agree then say something!

PS - Happy holidays (vacation) "No-one".

TY, mjp. You are always so conscientious about replying and that is appreciated. And I know you tend to get a little sensitive about your own posts getting response (last signature line you were using! but it didn't last too long, so i guess you started getting more replies ;) )

Now if only I could tear myself away from this computer....and don't miss my flight...

I could be away for up to 3 years from next Wednesday, all depends on the judge though. :eek:

no one in particular said:
I think we need a place to say if we are going to be on a prolonged absence (for whatever reason) and want to let all of our kindred members know so they don't worry about where we went or what might have happened to us OR god forbid, that we got a life and just disappeared!

Like I just found out that zom was on vacation and is now back, and I for one had been wondering where this good looking man about town had gone since I wasn't seeing as many :D :D :Ds around. That made me kinda sad.

Well, I will be the first to post my temporary disappearance (or at least sparse appearance here) starting tomorrow (Tues.) for about a week. I will be on vacation. Don't have too much fun without me! :p

I'll be sunning myself, eating kebabs, drinking Effes and buying fake merchandise in Turkey from Saturday!

^^ Aw, you didn't mention how long you would be away. And now it is probably too late to ask. Smart that you got your fun all lined up before you got there!

I am still far from home but able to get on sporadically. Didn't know if I would have internet in some of the places I was going but has been better than expected so far.

Last edited:
hello friends
i am not going on vacation, but the screen on my laptop has recently fried itself. i'm taking the machine to Apple in a couple hours, and i don't know when i'll get it back. obviously, i'll have internet access via other computers, but not everyday, and definitely not as incredibly often as i currently do.

oh, i still owe an email to restroussé nose, which is absolutely shameful...

love
math+

Math Tinder said:
hello friends
i am not going on vacation, but the screen on my laptop has recently fried itself. i'm taking the machine to Apple in a couple hours, and i don't know when i'll get it back. obviously, i'll have internet access via other computers, but not everyday, and definitely not as incredibly often as i currently do.

oh, i still owe an email to restroussé nose, which is absolutely shameful...

love
math+

Hey math, how did you get on? are back to being able to enjoy this forum just wherever you want?

mjp said:
Hey math, how did you get on? are back to being able to enjoy this forum just wherever you want?

Well, I guess she hasn't been able to get back on a computer in a while. Hasn't been the same around here without her!

And yes, mjp, you are right (as you pointed out in another thread) - I am all back from my travels now.

What did I miss - anything good?

(J/K - i am all caught up. :D )

No hols planned yet for me, but if there is, I'll let you know.

Not that anyone's really interested. But I like to fool myself sometimes.......

andy_fozzy said:
No hols planned yet for me, but if there is, I'll let you know.

Not that anyone's really interested. But I like to fool myself sometimes.......

I would be interested!! If you disappeared I'd fret, I'd think 'where's my Pompey-pal-in-scummery gone?!' :D

no one in particular said:
Alright, tonight Codreanu's semi-weekly "Wine and Poetry Night" was amended to accommodate Vodka and soda-water -- wine cannot be purchased legally on Sunday (Oklahoma).

So if anyone cares to warrant a possible state of non compos mentis as a vacation of sorts, then I must agree wholeheartedly in advance, as otherwise my grounding would be in homebound, commonplace intoxication.

Codreanu (on holiday?).

Codreanu said:
Alright, tonight Codreanu's semi-weekly "Wine and Poetry Night" was amended to accommodate Vodka and soda-water -- wine cannot be purchased legally on Sunday (Oklahoma).

So if anyone cares to warrant a possible state of non compos mentis as a vacation of sorts, then I must agree wholeheartedly in advance, as otherwise my grounding would be in homebound, commonplace intoxication.

Codreanu (on holiday?).

Good night Bacchus.

Codreanu said:
wine cannot be purchased legally on Sunday (Oklahoma).
Why...?

However, I'm off!
This week will be spent with friends, vodka/wine/beer, music & mud at swedish Arvika festival. If I don't drown in mud or drink myself to death I'll be back sunday.

Wish me luck :p :)

Freya said:
Why...?

However, I'm off!
This week will be spent with friends, vodka/wine/beer, music & mud at swedish Arvika festival. If I don't drown in mud or drink myself to death I'll be back sunday.

Wish me luck :p :)
I wish you, always, more than luck, Freya!

Last edited:
vulgar said:
I could be away for up to 3 years from next Wednesday, all depends on the judge though. :eek:

Well, Vulgar hasn't posted since last Tuesday (ie the day BEFORE the "trial" or whatever).......so I guess it wasn't great news........?!:eek:

@ Condreanu- good idea - so everytime I'm drunk on here I have to report here first? OK, will do in future, although reading through old posts of mine it's kinda obvious when I've had one drink too many!;)

mjp said:
Well, Vulgar hasn't posted since last Tuesday (ie the day BEFORE the "trial" or whatever).......so I guess it wasn't great news........?!:eek:

I was also thinking about it.:eek: I hope it's not that.

Back
Top Bottom