Jake

> I wonder what he's doing now
Who gives a shit, hes probably watching the telly

Jake...

What actually happened to him?

i.e. where is he now and what does he do?

Also, does anyone happen to have a picture of him, I've always wondered what he looks like.

Re: Jake...

knight123 said:
What actually happened to him?

i.e. where is he now and what does he do?

Also, does anyone happen to have a picture of him, I've always wondered what he looks like.

Rumor has it he just went to sh*t after Morrissey gave hime the boot.:)

Last edited:

I always imagined Jake as some big, burly beefcake what with all this talk of boxing and emblazoned torsos. I'm quite disappointed after watching that footage. He must have a beautiful mind. ;)

Modcon said:
Well he doesn't look it. I think he's a middle-weight.

That's what I mean...he doesn't look all that and a bag of potato chips but there must be a reason Moz likes him so I'm guessing it's the grey matter!

You've seen the video, now do you reckon that the bloke on the cover of the Have-A-Go-Merchant promo might be the same chap?

abgly.jpg

Peter

Hmm, well Passions also says of the "Have-A-Go Merchant" cover:

The UK promo photo (view left) comes from a 1982 book titled "Skinheads".

So....

If you google Jake Walters Im sure theres a lot. I think he still works as a photographer and lives in the East End.

pingpongbitch said:
If you google Jake Walters Im sure theres a lot. I think he still works as a photographer and lives in the East End.

Yes, he's a working pro -- his site is at www.jakewalters.com. Strangely no pix of Morrissey on there.

It's Jake Owen that nobody can find a speck about, but want to.

What always surprised me is that neither Jake made any effort to clear up the errors made in the press confusing them. I would've. I assume they met each other on more than one occasion.

King Leer said:
Yes, he's a working pro -- his site is at www.jakewalters.com. Strangely no pix of Morrissey on there.

It's Jake Owen that nobody can find a speck about, but want to.

What always surprised me is that neither Jake made any effort to clear up the errors made in the press confusing them. I would've. I assume they met each other on more than one occasion.

Maybe they just think it's all a bit pathetic and prefer to ignore it. It's like Morrissey tends to ignore most of the gossip about him unless he's asked directly. If he didn't, he'd be issuing press statements daily and we'd never get any new records.

View attachment 460 boy, i had to dig out my zines form the boxes in the bottom of my closet for this but i knew i remember there was a pic. of these two together. the name of the zine i got this from was the VILE zine, the winter/spring 1996 edition, pg. 13 but there was no mention for the reason of this pic. or which jake this was

Thanking you for that Drifter. Pieces of the jigsaw are always good :)

I remember somebody posting on this site awhile ago they saw Jake Owens in a pub with some of his buddies. The guy asked him about Moz and was told to f*** off.

I've read that "Sunny" is believed to be about Jake Owens.

myim-ukpr.jpg

Morrissey cavorting with Jake; Owens? Yeah, Morrissey is not gay. I always wrastle with my friends shirtless; don't you?

beau said:
I remember somebody posting on this site awhile ago they saw Jake Owens in a pub with some of his buddies. The guy asked him about Moz and was told to f*** off.

I've read that "Sunny" is believed to be about Jake Owens.

myim-ukpr.jpg

Morrissey cavorting with Jake; Owens? Yeah, Morrissey is not gay. I always wrastle with my friends shirtless; don't you?

Yes, I remember that, too. Think it was before Quarry after no-name tour. They were playing pool or something. It might have been user Equitorial Guinea (whatever happend to him?) who posted that.

I've also heard Sunny is about Alain's brother, but that's never been confirmed either.

Edit: Yes, thanks drifter for going to the trouble. Moz looked so perfect during the Vauxhall era, didn't he?

Last edited:

drifter said:
View attachment 460 boy, i had to dig out my zines form the boxes in the bottom of my closet for this but i knew i remember there was a pic. of these two together. the name of the zine i got this from was the VILE zine, the winter/spring 1996 edition, pg. 13 but there was no mention for the reason of this pic. or which jake this was

Thanks very much for that, and your trouble.

Back
Top Bottom