"scandal and passion" david bret

D

dave couse

got this book on the cheap in Jan sales.

Mostly a pile of shite.

The author is obssesed with the gay theme and the french/ gay press .every second page has quotes from these two sections and by passes everything else.

very poor.

David Bret is indeed a francophile obssesive, who can never let an opportunity pass to liken a song to one by Piaf of Brel (the real, dead one!).

I have yet to flick through this latest book, but by your comments I can assume he has not changed.

> David Bret is indeed a francophile obssesive, who can never let an
> opportunity pass to liken a song to one by Piaf of Brel (the real, dead
> one!).

> I have yet to flick through this latest book, but by your comments I can
> assume he has not changed.

I tried and tried for seven whole pages to read this book and eventually I couldn't stand it anymore, it was bloody awful. Gay this, gay that, homo-erotic the other. What has all that got to do with Mozzer? It's currently on my kitchen top with all the rest of the junk I am throwing out next week. The best book is Songs That Saved Your Life, the revised version. Johnny's contribution is immense and urinates all over every piece of trash journalism, guess-work and stupid documentaries that state incorrectly that Moz/Marr wrote their first song in Mozzer's bedroom. The only bit I don't like about it is Simon Goddard's attempt to psycho-analyze what the lyrics are about, because only one man can answer that. Apart from that it has Andy, Mike and Johnny and would be the perfect book if old misery guts would've contributed to it.

> I tried and tried for seven whole pages to read this book and eventually I
> couldn't stand it anymore, it was bloody awful. Gay this, gay that,
> homo-erotic the other. What has all that got to do with Mozzer? It's
> currently on my kitchen top with all the rest of the junk I am throwing
> out next week. The best book is Songs That Saved Your Life, the revised
> version. Johnny's contribution is immense and urinates all over every
> piece of trash journalism, guess-work and stupid documentaries that state
> incorrectly that Moz/Marr wrote their first song in Mozzer's bedroom. The
> only bit I don't like about it is Simon Goddard's attempt to
> psycho-analyze what the lyrics are about, because only one man can answer
> that. Apart from that it has Andy, Mike and Johnny and would be the
> perfect book if old misery guts would've contributed to it.

yeeah that book is the best of the bunch.This bret guy is gay and France on the brain.......

Re: "scandal and passion" david bret = whole lotta bollocks

> yeeah that book is the best of the bunch.This bret guy is gay and France
> on the brain.......

i'm amused that this latest book is being published under the name David *Brett*. I could envision a publication gaffe where nobody cared if the author's own name was spelled right, but when it was finally caught, nobody really cared enough to do a reprint because they knew they were throwing good money after bad.

still, when i ordered the latest singles from HMV, i ordered this book as well because it was incredibly cheap, i like fiction, and i'm on the quest to read bad books.

Morrissey is gay "tamsin" you silly bitch.

> I tried and tried for seven whole pages to read this book and eventually I
> couldn't stand it anymore, it was bloody awful. Gay this, gay that,
> homo-erotic the other. What has all that got to do with Mozzer?

You're a bit thick arent you.

Re: Morrissey is gay "tamsin" you silly bitch.

> You're a bit thick arent you.

> so what if he is. His whole life and career is not dedicated to the fact he is gay is it ?

Thats what this geezer who wrote the book seeems to think. The fact is he hasnt "come out" because he doesnt want been gay or bi or whatever been the whole story. like the way a few years ago the smiths court case seemed to be the whole story of the band not the music......

> David Bret is indeed a francophile obssesive, who can never let an
> opportunity pass to liken a song to one by Piaf of Brel (the real, dead
> one!).

> I have yet to flick through this latest book, but by your comments I can
> assume he has not changed.
i don't know, i got the book and did actually read it, despite comments i read on this site i actually enjoyed it. And it is probably the most up to date Morrissey book out there. Each to their own i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom