rollins vs morrissey

• Thread starter regan was and regan is
  • Start date
R

regan was and regan is

hey uh does anyone know whats the name of the spoken word with rollins cutting down morrissey i would love to hear the big muscle head rant thanx,regan

> hey uh does anyone know whats the name of the spoken word with rollins
> cutting down morrissey i would love to hear the big muscle head rant
> thanx,regan

To provide you with the answer would be to tacitly confess to having listened to Rollins...nice try.

But, in leu of a response, I will paste a segment of an interview I obtained via Google.

Morrissey...

MCA "He looks like Vanilla Ice."

Henry "I think he is Vanilla Ice. If vanilla Ice had brains he’d be Morrissey. I just think that Morrissey just typifies how f***ed-up you Limeys are. That wallowing ‘huuuuuuuuuuh ooooooooh ooooooh’ - it’s like, y’know, get that grease outta your hair, get a girlfriend, get a James Brown cd, get some Vitamin C, get some f***ing clean air and some sunlight, go outside for a walk - get over it ! Morrissey, buddy, come on ! I’ll help him out, I’ll take him out and we’ll play frisbee ! Cheer him up a little ! Take him out to Burger King, get him a Bon Jovi record ! That guy just generates - he makes bumming-out into a hip thing. The typical English boy, pock-marked, bony white, teeth falling out of his head on a diet of chocolate, white sugar, tea, fried food, sitting at home, grease running out of his face, bumming-out on life, sitting in a shitty industrial town listening to Morrissey wallow making tons of money out of some kid’s urban industrial misery. Morrissey is a smart f***er and he plays the line, he wears those see-through shirts, he plays that AC/DC line, he plays both sexes. The guy’s smart, he’s a businessman. But he’s playing business with people’s souls..."

MCA "He’s my man ! I don’t know why Henry goes on about him. We were in England and we were having tea together. He’s a good guy !"

Henry "But, see, he helps those English kids stay all f***ed-up and ill, he gets that pasty white, do-nothing, lethargic Limey thing and makes it a cool trip. What ? Nah, it’s not a racial stereotype, I’m just busting on Limeys, I’m having a good time here ! I’ve got you in a room with a tape-recorder on, I know you’re going to print the most derogatory shit I say ! Like I’m gonna give a f*** when I come to England and blow you motherf***ers away again this year ! I already did it to you once, I’m gonna do it to you again just like I did the year before and the year before that - you keep printing the bullshit, I keep coming back and torching your venues. Hey, Bono’s lucky, when he was walking up Westwood Boulevard a couple of years ago, that I didn’t take his hat off his head and smack him. Cos I saw him without any bodyguards and I was like ‘Oh, this is it !’ - but I wimped out because I was with a girl."

Mike D "I’d just like to see Bono and Morrissey fight each other."

Henry "Aaaaaw ! I don’t want to fight those guys, I hope nothing horrible happens to them. I don’t wish any ill upon their bodies, I just like bustin’ on them. I don’t hope they get hit by cars, I hope they live to be 90 and make many records. I just think that U2 are evil. If I was in a room and Bono was going ‘Come on ! Lets fight’ - I’d walk away...

Roadie "You could put him in a chokehold."

And Henry just smiles...

i had a girlfriend who listenned to his stand-up routines. A lot is funny but it gets annoying. He talks about Morrissey's character but then Rollin's has his own character which many could find annoying.

At least he realizes Morrissey is a genius although i don't agree with what he thinks are morrissey's motivations--just to sell records. I saw an "I love the 80s" VH1 episode in which they made fun of Morrissey. And someone on that show said the same thing. Just people who don't understand I guess. But how could you put it down when Morrissey and Smiths had their own unique sound and it was good. It may not be your cup of tea, but it was good and if you can't respect that, because you don't understand it--then look who's the real idiot.

I agree...f*** what everyone else says,his majesty is the PIMP of the mutha f***in planet. Morrissey will never look like vanilla ice. But since we're on the subject,say what you want,gotta respect a guy(Ice) who sells 15 million records. The kids say"aw man he sucks" yet,you throw that:"ding ding ding dada ding ding" shit on in ANY club,and the place goes ballistic. I'd like to be shitty and sell 15 million cd's,Id be richer than anyone to give a f***in shit. Ice has paved the way for people like eminem and so forth. not a big fan of robbie van winkle's mind you,just pointing out the obvious.

The f***in guy owns:5 homes,a 300,000 porsche sirrus,a half dozen motocross bikes,an escalade and a f***in yacht,The dudes f***in rich man. Plus,that song was actually dope when it came out.Dont laugh,Ill bet half if not more of you mother f***ers were listening to it too when it came out??? i was.

Rollins loves (is in love?) with Morrissey and Morrissey has a soft spot for him, too

> To provide you with the answer would be to tacitly confess to having
> listened to Rollins...nice try.

> But, in leu of a response, I will paste a segment of an interview I
> obtained via Google.

> Morrissey...

> MCA "He looks like Vanilla Ice."

> Henry "I think he is Vanilla Ice. If vanilla Ice had brains he’d be
> Morrissey. I just think that Morrissey just typifies how f***ed-up you
> Limeys are. That wallowing ‘huuuuuuuuuuh ooooooooh ooooooh’ - it’s like,
> y’know, get that grease outta your hair, get a girlfriend, get a James
> Brown cd, get some Vitamin C, get some f***ing clean air and some
> sunlight, go outside for a walk - get over it ! Morrissey, buddy, come on
> ! I’ll help him out, I’ll take him out and we’ll play frisbee ! Cheer him
> up a little ! Take him out to Burger King, get him a Bon Jovi record !
> That guy just generates - he makes bumming-out into a hip thing. The
> typical English boy, pock-marked, bony white, teeth falling out of his
> head on a diet of chocolate, white sugar, tea, fried food, sitting at
> home, grease running out of his face, bumming-out on life, sitting in a
> shitty industrial town listening to Morrissey wallow making tons of money
> out of some kid’s urban industrial misery. Morrissey is a smart f***er and
> he plays the line, he wears those see-through shirts, he plays that AC/DC
> line, he plays both sexes. The guy’s smart, he’s a businessman. But he’s
> playing business with people’s souls..."

> MCA "He’s my man ! I don’t know why Henry goes on about him. We were
> in England and we were having tea together. He’s a good guy !"

> Henry "But, see, he helps those English kids stay all f***ed-up and
> ill, he gets that pasty white, do-nothing, lethargic Limey thing and makes
> it a cool trip. What ? Nah, it’s not a racial stereotype, I’m just busting
> on Limeys, I’m having a good time here ! I’ve got you in a room with a
> tape-recorder on, I know you’re going to print the most derogatory shit I
> say ! Like I’m gonna give a f*** when I come to England and blow you
> motherf***ers away again this year ! I already did it to you once, I’m
> gonna do it to you again just like I did the year before and the year
> before that - you keep printing the bullshit, I keep coming back and
> torching your venues. Hey, Bono’s lucky, when he was walking up Westwood
> Boulevard a couple of years ago, that I didn’t take his hat off his head
> and smack him. Cos I saw him without any bodyguards and I was like ‘Oh,
> this is it !’ - but I wimped out because I was with a girl."

> Mike D "I’d just like to see Bono and Morrissey fight each
> other."

> Henry "Aaaaaw ! I don’t want to fight those guys, I hope nothing
> horrible happens to them. I don’t wish any ill upon their bodies, I just
> like bustin’ on them. I don’t hope they get hit by cars, I hope they live
> to be 90 and make many records. I just think that U2 are evil. If I was in
> a room and Bono was going ‘Come on ! Lets fight’ - I’d walk away...

> Roadie "You could put him in a chokehold."

> And Henry just smiles...
I've seen Henry do his spoken word thing and he's hilarious. He hates England and everything about it, but always goes back when they want him to do a gig there (either Spoken Word or Rollins Band ) He really doesn't mean the things he says about Mozzer, he's just joshin'. But I KNOW he really detests Bono. As do I. Rollins is cool, and he's been through a lot. His best friend Joe Cole was murdered outside of his house late at night when the two were out getting some food and getting ready to watch some videos. Joe Cole 12/19/91 R.I.P.

Re: the two closet cases should get it on...in bed

You are SO wrong...if you've ever read ANY of Rollins' books- the man is totally hetero. Plus, he really does respect Morrissey's business acumen, despite what he thinks it's doing to the British youth. Rollins just likes to dish it out to the English, that's all. And most of the time, he's joking anyway..

>...yet,you throw
> that:"ding ding ding dada ding ding" shit on in ANY club,and the
> place goes ballistic.

A certain English bassist might want to claim that riff...'twas nothing to do with the person in question.

I don't know who this rollins guy is but he sounds very dull.

Has Morrissey ever mentioned him?

er...who is this Rollins person? am i missing something?
is it an American thing? is he someone in a pop group?

does 'dope' mean good or bad?
be so kind, homeman(chap?, boy?)
i wish to be very 'down' with all this, please.

He's a macho meathead who at one time was in the punk band black flag but has done absolutely nothing of any value since.

He's also said the following of Morrissey while introducing the video November Spawned A Monster:

"The reason I picked Morrissey'd be because, in my opinion, Morrissey just embodies every horrible trait that a human can possibly possess. I mean, he's British, he didn't have to work very hard. And they have a handicap anyway, I mean, you notice all the great musicians who were English Moved. Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi and Bill Ward -- the members of Black Sabbath; one of the world's greatest bands, even though they were British -- they (baffled head shake) moved to America. Which is great.

"Umm... I just love this video because it catches our hero Morrissey lounging about in this hilarious shirt and just, whenever I see, I see the video of (puncey accents) November Spawned a Monstah I'm always here with a twinge of regret that it was not I who got to direct this video because in the last scene Morrissey'd just, would be doused with gasoline and set on fire too. And then we'd just get some, er, a wild sound mike up and just the sound of his hair and the polyester shirt burning into his skin and his last cries on earth and what we could do is we'd take that and put a house beat behind it and put it on a 12" and sell it to all these emaciated, you know, kids with bad teeth who don't have enough Vitamin C who never get outside, and it's like: Morrissey, cheer up, it's not that bad.

"When you've got as much money as that guy does, you know, I'd be happy. David Lee Roth said 'Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a boat big enough to sail right next to it.' So I think the guy should cheer up.

"So, I think we should play this video today to show everybody the traits they shouldn't cultivate. Look at Morrissey and just be, just jump up and down in joy that you are not him. That's why.

"And I know that this might be a little cruel, that I might have, you know, bashed our beautiful friends over there in Britain and, you know, I really don't care. I really, I really don't care.

"Personally, I wouldn't want to burn him up. I'd like to tie him to a chair and tease him till he pees his pants and promises never to do it again."

-Henry Rollins, Rage 10yr special. 1997.

Here's his ugly mug:

rollins.jpg

What an unpleasant man he sounds. Very ugly too.

"henry rollins,henry rollins your hard,YOUR HARD,BIG JIMMY NAIL BOIG JIMMY NAIL YOUR HARD AS WELL"

> does 'dope' mean good or bad?
> be so kind, homeman(chap?, boy?)
> i wish to be very 'down' with all this, please.

it's this awful 'ghetto' american slang(or ebonics...whatever they're calling it today)
it's supposed to mean very good (hot, fresh, ill, would be synonyms)
yes, how 'ill' came to mean good is beyond me.

I know...no one said anything about anyone 'claiming" a bass line. VI paid the dopes whoi did it their cabbage,regardless though,he still sold millions of records,which proves the point that any shitty singer or band can make a f***in cd.

This "rollins guy you dont know" is henry rollins of the Goth/punk band Black Flag.

Rollins says:

"one of the world's greatest bands, even though they were British"

...........erm, most of the greatest bands of all time are British. Not all, granted, but a great deal. Considering what a comparatively diddy little country we are.

Back
Top Bottom