TTY statement: Jo O Keefe

Here is the link

http://www.true-to-you.net/

Jo O Keefe
24 August 2010

It is with great sadness and regret that the death of Jo O Keefe has been announced this week. Jo's onscreen contribution to The Smiths South Bank Show documentary (1987) was greatly appreciated by The Smiths, and Jo's years of vocational loyalty towards The Smiths will never be forgotten by Morrissey. Jo went on to write for the British television programs EastEnders and Coronation Street. It is understood that Jo, who was 41, has died from an asthma attack.

christ, what a way to go. Asthma attack. They say it's like drowning in air.

It was me who posted about her supposedly being the inspiration for GLLT. It should be noted that I don't remember where I got that from, and it probably wasn't from a very 'reliable' source. So take that with a grain of salt.

R.I.P.

This is very sad news, which I only read today. She was a genuinely lovely person. Jo and I wrote to each other a few times many years ago, and she once sent me a photograph of herself with Morrissey, which I still have to this day, and will always cherish. To pass away at 41 seems so unfair, but I suppose life isn't always fair. Unfortunately I never met her in person, and sadly I never will, but my memories are of someone who was caring, intelligent, talented and kind. I could say more, but I'm too upset.
Rest In Peace.

Last edited:
This is very sad news, which I only read today. She was a genuinely lovely person. Jo and I wrote to each other a few times many years ago, and she once sent me a photograph of herself with Morrissey, which I still have to this day, and will always cherish. To pass away at 41 seems so unfair, but I suppose life isn't always fair. Unfortunately I never met her in person, and sadly I never will, but my memories are of someone who was caring, intelligent, talented and kind. I could say more, but I'm too upset.
Rest In Peace.

I'm wondering if anyone else have fond memories of Jo, and if so would like to post them here as a tribute. There was a nice story posted on the main page by jacquilove about the 80's interview with Shaun, where she remembered Jo. This was a lovely piece of recollection, and so appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom