Spin Mag: The Queen Is Dead is the third most influential album in the last 25 years

dothewatusi

"How about those Smiths, huh?...You gotta admire a guy who can rhyme 'rusty spanner' with 'play pianner' and who can espouse the beauty of a double-decker bus collision."

smiths-queen-dead-lg.jpg

U2's Actung Baby is number one, observed by some as a cause for angst, not celebration. ;)

Re: Spin Mag: The Queen Is Dead is the third most influential album in the last 25 ye

Haha. Spin.

Another lame attempt to gain the credibility they never had.

At the time they barely acknowledged its existence.

Re: Spin Mag: The Queen Is Dead is the third most influential album in the last 25 ye

Achtung Baby. Right. Did I miss something here? How often do you see a good band list U2 as one of their references? And if they do, is it Achtung Baby in particular? It's not even a good album, by U2s standards.

cheers

Achtung Baby. Right. Did I miss something here? How often do you see a good band list U2 as one of their references? And if they do, is it Achtung Baby in particular? It's not even a good album, by U2s standards.

cheers

Horses for courses. I love Achtung Baby, a beautiful balance of raw dark angst and joyous heart beams. :)

Horses for courses. I love Achtung Baby, a beautiful balance of raw dark angst and joyous heart beams. :)

Yeah......what he/she said.

I like Achtung Baby, it may be U2's last real/decent album, but influential? No. I can't see that. Highly polished, processed pop isn't influential, it's the result of influences. I mean, Kick was a great album, but nobody's calling it influential. Are they? God, I hope not.

Me toooooooo :thumb:.

Back
Top Bottom