BBC Radio4 Front Row - Morrissey

smiler

Ahead of tomorrow's Record Store Day, Morrissey and Paul Weller recount their record shop memories and John Wilson talks to writer David Hepworth about the past and future of the independent music store, and invites you to nominate the greatest British contenders

Ahead of tomorrow's Record Store Day, Morrissey and Paul Weller recount their record shop memories and John Wilson talks to writer David Hepworth about the past and future of the independent music store, and invites you to nominate the greatest British contenders

Very nice, thanks for the heads-up.

P.

Thank you very much for the heads up.

Morrissey's segment is on after Keefer Sutherland interview (approx 14 minutes - oops, I forgot FR is on 7:15-7:45pm :o).

Morrissey mentioned a small record shop called Paul Marsh used to be in Moss Side.

Last edited:
I'll listen later. :thumb:

Has he mentioned working in Yanks Records yet? He can talk about it from both sides of the counter.

I thoroughly enjoyed that - Very short and sweet.

However, the image of Morrissey going 'insane' at the end of the Righteous Brothers 'You've Lost That Loving Feeling', somewhat compels me with warmth but makes me cringe a little.

Thanks cossy (meant to message you, missed you at TCM last week :) )

What Morrissey says is very similar to his previous comments. Is this fresh for the current Front Row programme, I wonder?

I guess with the volcanic ash preventing air travel for the next while, it's just as well there's no touring at the moment, making little clips like this all the more valuable. :thumb:

What Morrissey says is very similar to his previous comments. Is this fresh for the current Front Row programme, I wonder?

I guess with the volcanic ash preventing air travel for the next while, it's just as well there's no touring at the moment, making little clips like this all the more valuable.

I believe the comment is taken from last year's interview of the programme.

Last edited:

Sorry GH I missed out on a great night by all accounts. It was unavoidable unfortunately. Will see you and Mr Ghost for the next one:thumb:

cossy

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry GH I missed out on a great night by all accounts. It was unavoidable unfortunately. Will see you and Mr Ghost for the next one:thumb:

cossy

why couldn't you PM instead of making people who don't have a life feel bad:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

BBC 6 Music news also features Front Row interview segment.

Unfortunately all the download links of Front Row Feb 2009 interview had been expired.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom