BBC Radio 2: Record Producer

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Link here, but The Guardian preview says more...

"Bernard Butler talks about the massive influence The Smiths had on him as a guitarist in Suede, then as a producer of Duffy and Kate Nash: not eating for a week in order to buy Hatful Of Hollow, and realising how Johnny Marr's guitar playing was altered radically for live performances and studio sessions."

Petr

Re: Program on Radio2 tonight

Just downloading it now, altho it is still on iplayer for next 6days, all those that want me to 'sendspace' it raise ya hand!

Just downloading it now, altho it is still on iplayer for next 6days, all those that want me to 'sendspace' it raise ya hand!
:highfive: yespleasethankyou :thumb:

Excellent programme.
Did anyone else hear David McCalmont say that Butler had told him that he'd offered the song 'Yes' to three people before him ~ Morrissey, Kirtsy Macoll and Julianne Regan? They all knocked it back.
I'd never heard this before. I wonder just how close we came to the possibility of a Morrissey/Butler collaboration.

:highfive: yespleasethankyou :thumb:

Excellent programme.
Did anyone else hear David McCalmont say that Butler had told him that he'd offered the song 'Yes' to three people before him ~ Morrissey, Kirtsy Macoll and Julianne Regan? They all knocked it back.
I'd never heard this before. I wonder just how close we came to the possibility of a Morrissey/Butler collaboration.

yeah, i was surprised too...
moz did ask bernard to play with his band in 2004, (alain was ill or something like that) but he didn't accept as he was playing with the tears. i read that on the main page http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/05/04/19/1633249.shtml

Back
Top Bottom