Ganglord Video

You've got to say that there's some official-dom in there. With that unseen footage. What a find, and thanks for the link.

Peter

Post of the year 2010 so far. With virtually NO Moz news on the main page/forums for ages here we have something to me that deffo looks genuine. Great find

P.S. Moz and Jesse dancing:confused:

Should have been a single

cossy

Wow, nice!

The dancing...:squiffy:

**EDIT** Wonder if this was meant as a Swords promo?

I think so Peter. We did get numerous rumours that Swords may have a single and Ganglord would certainly have fitted the bill. Could have been filmed during the break in touring between YOR and Swords. Jesse and Solomon the only band members I can see.

That grave yard is the famous one in LA where he did some photoshoots for previous singles

Really bad. Why would the police be going after such good looking actors? I don't see the connect with the Hollywood Forever Cemetery (at least I think its that cemetery). Waste of film. Still pictures of Morrissey, Solomon and Jesse would be much better to look at.

Really bad. Why would the police be going after such good looking actors? I don't see the connect with the Hollywood Forever Cemetery (at least I think its that cemetery). Waste of film. Still pictures of Morrissey, Solomon and Jesse would be much better to look at.

Are you having another 'senior moment'?

Post of the year 2010 so far. With virtually NO Moz news on the main page/forums for ages here we have something to me that deffo looks genuine. Great find

P.S. Moz and Jesse dancing:confused:

Should have been a single

cossy

Yes, it's very juicy, and a wee masterpiece. A very modern ominousness with that infra-red-type light seen in police chase movies contrasted with both innocent saintly poses, and the constant gravestones making a joke of us all. Which cemetery is it, and does anyone recognise the other characters? It's really lovely to see Morrissey again hangin' n' rappin' in fairly recent times. :clap:

For a Morrissey video, it's quite fine! At least it's not just "point camera and record band miming" dullness. It has a brooding atmosphere and quirkiness, as in the dancing, which reminds me of this for some reason..

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tE_X3-EZz7Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tE_X3-EZz7Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

*stunned*
This video is PERFECT.

The quick cut editing, the feeling of urgency, graveyards, statues....everything compliments the feel of this powerful song.

I think it's just beautiful.

I really like this. I love the black and white, the atmosphere, the brooding shots, and the way the angel statues in silhouette almost seem to move at the end. It suits the tone of the song so well and the dancing with Morrissey and Jesse contrasts nicely too. Thanks so much for posting! :)

excellent, brilliant video and some lovely shots

Thanks for the link.

Morrissey meandering through a cemetery is about as perfect a subject for a video as any I can imagine; Morrissey dancing in the cemetery in which he intends to be buried (assuming that this is Hollywood Forever) is profound.

Nice, atmospheric treatment of the subject - I think I have to watch it again...

Holy poop on a stick!

A nice black and white video with Morrissey. Reminiscient of Derek Jarman videos with the collages and using the young people walking about. That is a beautiful cemetery (as they should be.) The song itself in its recorded form adds a certain errieness and suggests some invisible menace, not necessary the police.

I remember a poster here who believed that the Ganglord was God. Now, that's using your noodle.

I was never sure whether Morrissey knew how to waltz and now after seeing this video, I'm still not sure. :lbf:

PS: Does anyone know how to rip this down and repost in the downloads, cos this is a keeper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom