Top 100 Iconic images of Morrissey: 1983

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kewpie

Subscriber
OK, after much consideration five photos of 1983 have been selected.

1983 has relatively little choice, but hopefully 1984 will be flooded by suggestions.

I'd like to remind you to think carefully when you select a photo, would like you to choose following three points in mind

-Artistic
-Aesthetic
-Iconic

with your personal taste.

Thank you very much for voting. :)

Paul Cox
theSmiths.jpg

Paul Slattery
manchester83-06.jpg

Paul Slattery
manchester83-03.jpg

Kevin Cummins
tatton.jpg

Andy Catlin
autumn01.jpg

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

This poll isn't about winning or losing.

Oooohhhhhh, yes it is!
In a non-competitive way. :p

The most popular one "wins". That's why some people are desperate to be popular and some are happy just to be right, regardless of who agrees or not. Solo in a nutshell. I win. :thumb:

I'd go for the Cummins shot.
All the rest look like pretty much like any other band shot,the Cummins pic stood out a mile when it was in the NME at the time.

The pose,the position, the hands,all new and different. It was like,"what is this?Who is he? This is something new"

I'd go for the Cummins shot.
All the rest look like pretty much like any other band shot,the Cummins pic stood out a mile when it was in the NME at the time.

The pose,the position, the hands,all new and different. It was like,"what is this?Who is he? This is something new"

Which other male rock stars were pictured hugging each other holding a bunch of flowers? 'Groundbreaking' me-thinks

Dave

Which other male rock stars were pictured hugging each other holding a bunch of flowers? 'Groundbreaking' me-thinks

Dave

Haha, it's such a great picture. Morrissey in keeping with the homoerotic themes & iconography of the first album.

Andy Caitlin's ofcourse

the Smiths were 4 people, so a groupshot would be nice

that grouppic with Morrissey wearing a hat before a white wall, with
graffitti , it's 1984, and the pics in the railway, and the mall [stairs]
also 1984

don't reply I dust me Peepholism, or whatever mag [mojo Smiths/morrissey
issue, fan,close to 200 pages, 180 or so]

well lovely 1983 black n white pics, Morrissey lying by the lake in a park
war tempting, but start voting a pic as group, which I did

nice poll

:thumb:

Back