'Uncut' Morrissey Wolverhampton concert article - April 2010

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
Something of a missed opportunity I think. One great colour shot; surely there must be more in the Cummins archive that could have taken precedence over some crumpled railings, 4 pissed students and Joyce and Lil ?
I presume this is the piece referred to in this thread from a month back

4389387631_a3f8b6e3fd_b.jpg

4389387639_ba8864bf34_b.jpg

4389387645_64e969fb2b_b.jpg

4389387671_544723a0d3_b.jpg

WOAH, fantastic!!!! Never seen this before, thank you very much!

I wouldn't half like to have that poster on my wall from that thread haha

Haha, he has! I wonder if he was trying to make his little own statement to Morrissey?

He is security and that's probably why he looks like he's about to tackle the man haha! I've just downloaded two different types of bootleg of Wolv 1988 on smithstorrents, I'm gonna try them out and see which one is the best :)

You will probably fin they are the same..
There only seems to be one recording of the gig..

The one with the bloke who's voice sounds like and air raid siren.....

Yeah, the bootleg is a huge disappointment. Shoddy sound quality, although there's a heartbreaking moment in the middle of "Stop Me" when the sound suddenly rises up into excellent quality, then plunges back into murkiness a few seconds later. Makes you think the guy could have gotten a quality recording.

One must exist, because of the "Sister I'm A Poet" video and "Sweet And Tender Hooligan" live track. I'd love to hear it some day, mainly for "Death At One's Elbow".

BoooOOO, all the photos have already been seen elsewhere. I was hoping for something new, never before seen snaps or anything.
Re; to the bootleg of the gig, Ive heard "rumors" that there is a video of this gig....

Yeah, I've seen those before as well. I was all excited when my boyfriend came home with the magazine, and then I was like, "Oh, it's those unamusing old women again with the dodgy home-knit cardies." Although it is quite a funny photo.

Hahaha, god that man can't half scream at the beginning, I tried to find ways to remove his voice because it really annoys me! And there's not rumours a video exist, we KNOW it exists!

Just come across this,but I do actually have the whole gig on video, professionally filmed. Have since paid 250 SEK ( about 20 quid) to get it over to DVD.
Before I left London to come to Sweden, my friend who works in editing/film/media circles gave me a copy of the whole gig.
I mean the quality is exactly 100%, the only thing is that, at the bottom of the screen, it has the timer running, ie film length or whatever it is.
Anyway, I posted something similar about 3 years ago, though of course, i expect to be shot down in flames, that this exists.
As I said,the quality is superb, and of course, everythuing we've seen from Sister, continues throughout the gig. Starts really ropey with Stop Me, but the whole gig in itself is glorious. Have had some mental offers for this, which am giving thought to, as we have a little 'un now, but anyway....

Mike

Just come across this,but I do actually have the whole gig on video, professionally filmed. Have since paid 250 SEK ( about 20 quid) to get it over to DVD.
Before I left London to come to Sweden, my friend who works in editing/film/media circles gave me a copy of the whole gig.
I mean the quality is exactly 100%, the only thing is that, at the bottom of the screen, it has the timer running, ie film length or whatever it is.
Anyway, I posted something similar about 3 years ago, though of course, i expect to be shot down in flames, that this exists.
As I said,the quality is superb, and of course, everythuing we've seen from Sister, continues throughout the gig. Starts really ropey with Stop Me, but the whole gig in itself is glorious. Have had some mental offers for this, which am giving thought to, as we have a little 'un now, but anyway....

Mike

Some people offered help, but you just ignored them.

Would you able to send the copy to Uncleskinny?

Mike
that sounds brilliant sharing(download) or sell it? i dont know about youtube could be at bit risque in terms of the rights and better not be giving that to to the main page due the fact that the personal assistan/manager of morrisseycheck both and would giving trouble eventually? only eventually...
im sure
but that gem but that would be the icing on the cake indeed..

Last edited:
Some people offered help, but you just ignored them.

Would you able to send the copy to Uncleskinny?

You know , you don't always have to be so tiresome with your replies, yes you are a HUGE fan of Moz, well done mate.
If I recall that night, the Eurovision was on, and besides, I was in contact with Uskinny, forgive me if I didn't drop everything, I had a life to try and lead.
Besides, this wouldn't be for general distribution

Mike

Back
Top Bottom