Morrissey nominated for Meteor Music Award

A Lonely Soul

Today's Irish Times reports that Morrissey has been nominated for an Irish Meteor Music Award in the category of Best International Male along with Michael Bublé, Jay-Z, Paolo Nutini and Bruce Springsteen.

The list of performers tells you pretty much all you need to know about the caliber of the event...Florence & The Machine, Westlife, Pixie Lott, Paolo Nutini and The Script. The event takes place on February the 16th.

Unfortunately there is no chance to vote online for Mozzer's category. See the following..

http://meteormusicawards.meteor.ie/nominees/

Last edited:
Good news, as he only sells a fraction of what the other nominees sell.
Maybe a Brit nomination is possible this year, too.

I wouldn't imagine a Brit is on the cards. The recognition is nice but this is an emptier vessel than even the Brits.

I wouldn't imagine a Brit is on the cards. The recognition is nice but this is an emptier vessel than even the Brits.

Yes, but I wonder how they'd manage to find 5 better British males for the 'best British male 2009' award then.

I'm sure they'll just consult their stock of X Factor tapes :)

Today's Irish Times reports that Morrissey has been nominated for an Irish Meteor Music Award in the category of Best International Male along with Michael Bublé, Jay-Z, Paolo Nutini and Bruce Springsteen.

The list of performers tells you pretty much all you need to know about the caliber of the event...Florence & The Machine, Westlife, Pixie Lott, Paolo Nutini and The Script. The event takes place on February the 16th.

http://meteormusicawards.meteor.ie/nominees/

It also tells me all I need to know about their knowledge of astronomy.

Someone should tell them that "meteor" means "falling star" :doh: :lbf:

No idea how the inaccurate term "meteoric rise" came about!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteoroid#Meteor

"A meteor (or colloquially a falling star) is the visible streak of light that occurs when a meteoroid enters the Earth's atmosphere. Millions of meteors occur in the Earth's atmosphere every day. Most meteors are about the size of a pebble. They disintegrate at altitudes of 30 to 60 miles."

"I am a satellite, I will be set alight"

It also tells me all I need to know about their knowledge of astronomy.

Someone should tell them that "meteor" means "falling star" :doh: :lbf:

No idea how the inaccurate term "meteoric rise" came about!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteoroid#Meteor

"A meteor (or colloquially a falling star) is the visible streak of light that occurs when a meteoroid enters the Earth's atmosphere. Millions of meteors occur in the Earth's atmosphere every day. Most meteors are about the size of a pebble. They disintegrate at altitudes of 30 to 60 miles."

"I am a satellite, I will be set alight"

No, it doesn't.

Meteor is the name of the phone company that sponsors the event.

No, it doesn't.

Meteor is the name of the phone company that sponsors the event.

Allow me to explain. Here in the US, we have these things we call "jokes."

Meteor is a comical name for a phone company, since it conjures up satellites that fall to earth and burn up.

I suspect you knew all this and are just acting like you have a brain injury to attempt to yank my chain. That's an odd hobby. :crazy:

Last edited:

All over the world, it is quite easy to recognize "pomposity".

Meteor is a comical name for a phone company, since it conjures up satellites that fall to earth and burn up.

That's the "joke"?

It conjures up other things too, if you'd care to look a little.

n.
A bright trail or streak that appears in the sky when a meteoroid is heated to incandescence by friction with the earth's atmosphere.

I suspect you knew all this and are just trying to yank my chain. That's an odd hobby. :crazy:

Nothing could be further from the truth, I really couldn't be bothered. But I can think of odd hobbies pursued by others on here. :crazy:

I suspect you knew all this and are just acting like you have a brain injury to attempt to yank my chain. That's an odd hobby. :crazy:

Another fantastic "joke" edited in there, jamescagney.

You da man!

Oh, one more thing, jamescagney. I won't bother posting anymore on this matter, but by all means keep going. Please see my signature, which I also quote here as an act of kindness.

Thus, one must take care to side-step the rabid, mythological stampede of one’s own zealots and, indeed, the forum cannibals who are a species best left to their own gnashing, circular idiocies. The latter are not fans, they are people who cry out for euthanasia.

Oh, one more thing, jamescagney. I won't bother posting anymore on this matter, but by all means keep going. Please see my signature, which I also quote here as an act of kindness.

Except for that last extra post. In which you said you're above needing to post any more. You just had to get the last word in.

"You da man" FTW, then.

I'm so excited for Morrissey!

I think this deserves a bump considering he doesn't get nominated for that many awards.

I think this deserves a bump considering he doesn't get nominated for that many awards.

You're right, I really don't.

Oh, wait, you probably meant Morrissey.

Will this award show be televised? Is it a major thing in Ireland, like their version of the Grammys and Brits?

Tags
you_da_man_ftw
Back
Top Bottom