Creative challenge - in 500-1000 words, why do you love Morrissey (or hate him)?

bailiffwithbadbreath

'so-slow liberation army'
In a desperate bid to create a slightly more intelligent, creative and thought-provoking thread than 'let's talk about sex' or 'morrissey frinks' I wondered if anyone would be interested in writing 500-1000 words explaining why exactly they love or hate Morrissey and/or what he means to you. Let's keep this thread purely for this purpose and - hopefully - over time a very interesting list of mini-essays will emerge. You can write a song, a poem, an essay or a list. It can be anything but it must be specifically about Morrissey.

I will write mine at a later stage. Please, go ahead.

Last edited:
Re: hmmmmmmmm

Most likely because they're unable to raise their level of conversation out of the gutter or away from the playground.

No. That's not it at all.

It's because it's embarrassing to expose your heart that way. Morrissey means so much to me that when I talk about it I end up talking about the deepest depths of my emotions, my ugly childhood, my struggles and battles... I just won't do that on Solo. :[

It's easier to just point out that he's not bad looking.

No. That's not it at all.

It's because it's embarrassing to expose your heart that way. Morrissey means so much to me that when I talk about it I end up talking about the deepest depths of my emotions, my ugly childhood, my struggles and battles... I just won't do that on Solo. :[

It's easier to just point out that he's not bad looking.

Well I don't want to upset you or anybody else. Easier to point out the obvious it may be, it's just how many times people need to do it that puzzles me? I think everyone can see he is attractive without there being a million and one comments on a single photo, that's all.

School's out!!
Who's tellin' me to write an essay?? :eek:

A Bailiff under the floorboards who likes to think they are
"slightly more intelligent, creative and thought-provoking" than the average.

Who want one of these
:nicethread:

but get one of these
:sleeping:

Well I don't want to upset you or anybody else. Easier to point out the obvious it may be, it's just how many times people need to do it that puzzles me? I think everyone can see he is attractive without there being a million and one comments on a single photo, that's all.

To each his own though, right? I like talking with my friends about how he's cute. It's fun. I don't see the harm. Even he has mentioned liking it when we find him attractive in the past... And recently he's responded positively to the idea of being "frinky." So.

His attractiveness is easy to talk about because it's not all that important. When you start to talk about how he saved your life the faces looking back at you start to feel uncomfortable.

If 'the average' is what's present on this site then yes, I do think I'm more intelligent. Mostly because I am. It's not difficult to be, really. Sorry about that.

If 'the average' is what's present on this site then yes, I do think I'm more intelligent. Mostly because I am. It's not difficult to be, really. Sorry about that.

it's unintelligent to find someone attractive and comment on this opinion?

I don't mind at all that you think you are above average so far as Solo is concerned. Who knows, perhaps you are!

Speaking personally, I come here to relax, hear the gossip, argue, laugh, and sometimes to discuss topics of interest to me.
If you use the "search" function you will find many fine threads bursting at the seams with erudite contributions.

But "Why I love Morrissey" has been done to death. Can you try to find a more interesting topic?

kthx :flowers:

Are you completely dense? I didn't say it was. But dozens and dozens (make that hundreds) of repetitive 'threads' and comments?
There's no need to get into an argument, we are allowed to disagree aren't we?

Are you completely dense? I didn't say it was. But dozens and dozens (make that hundreds) of repetitive 'threads' and comments?
There's no need to get into an argument, we are allowed to disagree aren't we?

disagree all you want, just don't be such an arrogant condescending prick about it.

dunya:

You may like to note that I didn't actually start this thread, so you're asking the wrong person. There's no limit to how many 'frink' 'sexual positions', etc, threads people will contribute to...because that hasn't been done to death, has it?

I don't think this thread generally is a bad idea. I guess that maybe the length of the "essay" was limited to 500-1000 words so that it doesn't get toooo personal, but I can also see that it's nearly impossible to not get very personal when Mozzer means so much to you. So I think, as usual, it works for some and for some it doesn't. So no reason to fight. :)
But as for the frink thread etc. not being intellectual enough...I think that's nonsense. A lot of things we like and do in our lives aren't very intellectual and some others are. There should be room for everything. So that's why I think both this thread but also e.g. the frink thread have a right to exist. Chacun à son goût. :)

Back
Top Bottom